Education Trainer - Sebha
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is a leading a consortium funded by Education Cannot Wait (ECW) that aims to support children with remedial & catch up classes, as well as conduct training on distance education for Teachers of the national education system & of non formal education.
- The 3 other members of the consortium are the NGOs Breezes in Benghazi, Assafwa in Sabha & Afaq in Sabratha. They will conduct non formal education activities for Libyan & foreign children.
- The Education Trainers will have the role of acting as liaison between the institute in charge of Teacher training & the Teachers hired by the 3 NGOs in order to improve teaching practices in a blended online / in person modality. Moreover, the Education Trainers will support our clients office in standardizing the curriculum used for remedial & catch up classes in non formal education in Libya.
- As distance education is a new modality of teaching in Libya, Teachers who are implementing it for the 1st time need dedicated support. For this reason, our client ha decided to dedicate an Education Trainer to each NGO providing blended remote / in person non formal education. Moreover, there is the need to harmonize catch up & remedial curricula in non formal education activities & this is another activity supported by the Education Trainers.
- Liaising between a service provider in charge of conducting Teacher training & Teachers hired by the ECW consortium members (Breezes in Benghazi, Afaq in Sabratha & Assafwa in Sabha).
- Mentor Teachers hired by the ECW consortium members & give technical advice on the curriculum, pedagogy & general organization of the blended remote / in person non formal education.
- Conduct observations in the teaching practices & provide individual feedback.
- Document challenges, lessons learnt & summary of the observations to build a body of knowledge about implementation of blended remote / in person non formal education programs.
- Support our clients education section in the harmonization of the non formal education curricula for remedial & catch up classes.
- Our client will process the payment every 2 months.
- The payment will be done based on the submission of the below deliverables.
- Summary report of the activities conducted in the previous two months as agreed with the supervisor.
- The consultant will be required to report weekly & ad hoc reports are required by the Chief of Education.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential.
The consultant will be required to have excellence in the following competencies:
- Teacher training.
- Libyan curriculum.
- Pedagogy, classroom management.
- University Degree in Education or other relevant field (Master’s Degree preferred but not mandatory).
- Experience in working as Teacher or Teacher Trainer.
- Experience with the Libyan national school curriculum.
- At least 3 years working as teacher or related field.
Other relevant information:
- Most of the time the consultant will be required to stay & work in their respective duty stations.
- However, at the exceptional situations the consultant would be requested to travel.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link:
Apply to Job