Director, Grants Management
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Have you had success managing a rapidly expanding grant portfolio and are looking to build an organization’s policies around securing and executing public funding? If so, you may be LMH’s next Director, Grants Management.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Organizational Effectiveness as part of the Organizational Effectiveness team (OE), the Director, Grants Management is a critical member overseeing efficient and effective management of Last Mile Health’s grant portfolio. This position is responsible for ensuring quality grant management, assessing needs and developing grant management systems and capacity, ensuring compliance with donor and internal organization requirements, and overseeing information management related to grant and program implementation, including on-time and quality reporting.
This position is open to candidates located in Malawi, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, and on the Eastern seaboard of the United States (preference to New York City and Boston). Candidates must have the ability to work in one of the countries listed above. Please note that our US offices are currently closed due to COVID 19 and all US based staff are working remotely.
What You'll Do
- Lead high-quality development and implementation of grants management systems across all program and functional areas
- Support organizational systems strengthening to maximize compliance, serving as a central point of expertise on donor requirements
- Facilitate the provision of information and training to all departments, in conjunction with the Director, Grants & Organizational Effectiveness and Manager, Grants & Organizational Effectiveness, to ensure understanding of donor guidelines and compliance issues
- Oversee deliverables within and across programs and projects, and support the OE team in ensuring these are adequately reflected and monitored via existing management processes
- Support internal and external audits of grant processes and project implementation, as well as the routine monitoring of non-compliance and other risks
- Monitor grants management components of operating plans and budget in alignment with team strategy
- Provide ongoing management, thought partnership, and technical support to the Director, Grants & Organizational Effectiveness and Manager, Grants & Organizational Effectiveness throughout grants management processes and serve as a resource on best practices
What You'll Bring
- Several years of demonstrated success with grants administration and/or compliance with experience in donor relations, specifically related to US Government funding
- Prior experience in managing varying levels of staff
- Ability to travel up to 25% (once LMH has cancelled travel limitations related to COVID-19)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and relationship-building qualities
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication, and organization skills
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner
- Ability to provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training, and experience
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems (Raisers’ Edge, Donor Perfect)
- You have prior experience providing technical input to support rapidly growing global nonprofits
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around our compensation policy and benefits associated with this position. In line with our compensation principles, this position will pay at the 50th to 60th percentile of the market to which you are employed. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
Apply to Job