Digital Platform Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include: Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Digital Platforms Manager will shape and execute digital platforms strategy for a growing communications team. S/he will oversee IRI’s external-facing web properties, primarily but not exclusively the Institute’s website, IRI.org, and its customer relationship management, events management, and email marketing platforms. S/he will ensure that these platforms are technically sound and continuously improved based on data and audience insights; collaborate across the External Affairs team to ensure IRI delivers a first-class experience to our digital audiences; and develop governance to enable staff across IRI to keep content and data current and relevant.
This position reports to the Senior Digital and Creative Manager and will work closely with all members of the team including the Director of Communications and the Vice President for External Affairs.
- Undergraduate degree in a field relating to IRI’s mission (e.g., political science, international relations, international development, communications) or a relevant technical field is preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in digital communications, product management, website design and development, e-mail marketing, CRM development and implementation, or a related field, or a combination of these fields.
- Proven experience managing a website, CRM, and/or other technical platform for the purpose of supporting institutional external communications.
- Proven experience in project and stakeholder management.
- Proven experience managing a budget of any magnitude related to IT investments, ideally including evaluating technical investments and making vendor/platform selection recommendations, is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated interest in international relations, foreign policy, national security policy, democracy promotion, civil society, or other topics relating to IRI’s mission.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, be persistent and work under tight deadlines.
Experience identifying complex problems and developing creative solutions.**Primary Functions & Responsibilities:**
Lead day-to-day management of all EA technical platforms, including IRI.org and CRM.
Lead the top-to-bottom redesign of IRI.org, currently underway.
Maintain liaison with IRI.org's registrar, hosting, and development vendors to ensure uptime and delivery, oversee technical infrastructure, and ensure continuous feature improvements and updates so that future needs to "redo" the website are reduced.
Lead content governance for IRI.org, working proactively with program teams to ensure that key marketing and programmatic content (e.g., program and country descriptions, key personnel bios, downloadable one-pagers, publications, events and recordings, thought leadership pieces, etc.) are consistently refreshed, updated and available.
Lead the procurement of and manage all aspects of IRI's CRM, including building and maintaining contact lists in collaboration with programs, divisions and executive leadership, working with all parties to periodically update and clean lists. Oversee list-cutting for major events and campaigns.
Develop marketing automations and CRM integration with IRI.org, ensuring direct email follow-up for visitors who come to IRI.org, attend events, download publications, and otherwise convert interest and leads into relationships.
Work across the External Affairs team to ensure that IRI’s digital platforms are seamlessly integrated into events, digital campaigns, major publication launches, and other high-visibility initiatives.
Provide day to day oversight and long-term planning for budget, procurements and contracts for IRI’s digital platforms, including website and CRM development needs. Evaluate the capabilities of different vendors and platforms, make recommendations, and lead implementation.
Provide strategic advice and consulting to program teams across IRI seeking to incorporate digital platforms into the Institute’s programs and products.
Travel overseas to work with field-based teams and train staff to carry out digital campaigns.
How to apply:
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please submit a resume and cover letter for the position through our IRI recruitment site provided below. We appreciate your time.
Apply to Job