Country Deputy Medical Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
Country Deputy Medical Coordinator
Place of work: Erbil – and all mission locations
Deadline for application: 30/11/2020
Main purpose of the job:
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus im-proving their overall health and living conditions. Fully assuming the medical coordinator's responsibilities in case of absence
Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles
- Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality ( i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
- Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
- Collaborating, together with the logistics department and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
- Assisting in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promotes compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborates in the update of issues regarding the security context)
- Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
MSF Switzerland Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensuring technical and managerial support to field teams through regular visits to the projects.
- Covering the absence of PMR position in the projects du to sick leaves, holidays or delayed arrivals.
- Active participation in exploratory visits and emergency interventions helping the Coordination with needs identification and intervention proposals.
- Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
Specific requirements for the role:
Essential Bachelor degree in medicine, Master degree in Public Health is an asset.
Other paramedical studies or basic epidemiology is an asset
Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset
Essential 2 years’ experience in Iraqi Public Health System (Clinical skills are essential and managerial experience is an asset) with good knowledge of Iraqi (and Kurdistan) health systems organization, Knowledge of MOH medical and medico-legal protocols/guidelines
Desirable previous experience in relevant jobs, with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
Good networking and negotiations skills
Capacity to work in a constant changing environment and under pressure
Good Capacity of medical data gathering and analysis, context analysis and strategic vision
Reports writing skills
Flexibility to move, at short notice, to the projects and stay there for short or medium length of time
Authorization from MoH/DoH to work 100% with MSF (Non-objection letter)
Languages:** Essential English, Arabic and Kurdish
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet, ect)
Strategic vision, service oriented,
Leadership, people management and Development
Teamwork and Cooperation
What we offer:
- Legal national contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
How to apply:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered.
By email to MSFCH-Erbil-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please indicate “Deputy Medical Coordinator” in the e-mail title.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
English CVs only
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process.
We may take down this vacancy in case we reached the required number of applications.
Apply to Job