Country Deputy Logistics Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position: Country Deputy Logistics Coordinator
Place of work: Erbil – and all mission locations
Deadline for application: 30/11/2020
Main purpose of the job:
Supporting the Logistics Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of strategies and support to the field in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects.
• Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention
• Defining, monitoring, evaluating and ensuring the implementation of the strategies and activities in the mission of the following activities, as defined in the delegated tasks, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures:
• Construction and rehabilitation, transport, ICT, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations and infrastructures, etc. Including the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living conditions and all the equipment required as well as the proper use and maintenance of IT computers, soft wares, backups, etc. and the communication tools and means in the mission
• Water, Heath and sanitation activities
• Planning, supervising and implementing, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and amount of knowledge required
• Ensuring technical support to his/her team as well as to all other teams in the mission
• Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the HoM of any problem
• Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs at the request of the Logistics Coordinator
• Performing tasks delegated by the Logistics Coordinator, as specified in his/her job description
MSF Switzerland Specific Accountabilities:
- Regular visit on the field (40% of the time)
- Regular gap filling on the field (several weeks or month)
- Wide technical competencies in electricity, construction, watsan, ICT, mechanic and biomed
- Will be the technical referent for all log team in OCG mission
- Supervise directly all technical support ij coordination or in the field (Information System specialist, Biomed…)
- Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
Specific requirements for the role:
Essential Technical degree in technical/ logistics degree/diploma (in electricity/ mechanic/ construction/ WATSAN).**
Essential working experience of at least two years (2 years) in relevant jobs
Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries. **Languages: Essential fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet, ect) Competencies:**
Strategic vision, leadership
Proactivity and flexibility
People management and Development
Service and Orientation
Teamwork and Cooperation
What we offer:
- Legal national contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
How to apply:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered.
By email to MSFCH-Erbil-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please indicate “Deputy Logistics Coordinator” in the e-mail title.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
English CVs only
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process.
We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications.
Apply to Job