Contact Tracing Supervisor
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Performs work in support of the Columbia University Contact Tracing Program as part of the COVID-19 response related to oversight, support and trainings for contact tracing.
The supervisor position is a full time position up to 12 months.
The supervisor will oversee contact tracers who will conduct COVID-19 case interviews (if cases discloses their diagnosis) and contact tracing, including gathering confidential information about a case, relevant contacts, notifying and educating contacts during an interview and assessing case and contacts for services in support of isolation/quarantine. The Supervisor will ensure that Contact Tracers follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided through training. Ensures compliance with training regarding handling of confidential information and periodically evaluates and provides refresher training to Contact Tracers.
- Oversees and supports the work of Contact Tracers engaged in case interviews, COVID-19 contact tracing and linkage to services.
- Maintains daily communication with Contact Tracers, as assigned.
- Provides guidance to Contact Tracers to ensure that case interview activities are conducted, provides ongoing refresher trainings and in a confidential manner.
- Conducts case reviews with Contact Tracers to ensure comprehensive and high-
quality interviews, when necessary.
- Establishes schedules and check-ins with Contact Tracers and ensures appropriate monitoring of attendance and performance.
- Conducts routine quality assurance monitoring to ensure that data are appropriately collected; troubleshoots and follows-up on data errors.
- Collaborates with the appropriate New York City and New York State Contact Tracing efforts.
- Ensures the effective communication, acknowledgment and awareness of diverse health-related needs and concerns to cases and contacts.
- Analyzes trends in case and contact details, recognizes case issues, proposes solutions and appropriately escalates to management.
- Protects and maintains individuals’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or equivalent, plus three years of related experience.
- Three (3) years of full-time satisfactory experience in a public health or health program, with one (1) year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to be respectful, sensitive to and understanding of the diverse perspectives of individuals including contact tracers.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and ability to implement HIPAA and Columbia University guidelines and policies
- Proficiency in navigating computer systems; ability to learn new data systems quickly and to comply with data integrity and security to safeguard all personal identifiable information.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis and distress.
- Ability to show empathy and be nonjudgmental toward distressed individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Satisfactory completion of the online COVID-19 Contact Tracing Training Program
- A nursing or master’s degree in health-related field is desirable but not required.
- Fluency in languages other than English a plus
- Local travel only
How to apply:
Interested candidates apply here
Apply to Job