Communication and Engagement Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Community Engagement requires the ASB to work closely with beneficiaries at community level. The Communication and Engagement Officer – under the supervision of the Head of Communications - will be responsible for establishing the correct channels of communication, identify strong stories within the communities and ensure, that the learning from projects is captured and that the project works collaboratively to share and apply this learning for the benefit of the community, the organisation and the donor.
3. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Defining target groups and establishing the correct channels of communication with the defined target groups/community
- Assessing and addressing communities’ information needs, providing comprehensive, timely and accurate information through accessible channels, in the relevant languages, and in a culturally sensitive way
- Providing support and direction to ensure the successful delivery and evaluation of community engagement on individual projects
- Mapping the available national, local and on-site services, and co-operating with SMS, NFE and Protection teams in facilitating beneficiaries’ access to health, education, employment, and integration opportunities
- Engaging communities in decision-making, through structured community meetings, Youth and Women Committees, and FGDs that guarantee inclusion, participation, and representation
- Ensuring community engagement and communications are in line with ASB and donor standards
- Running community engagement events, ensuring that the appropriate facilitators, technical staff, other actors are in attendance and if appropriate facilitate group discussions
- Working with the MEAL team to measure the information flow for community engagement projects and assess the effectiveness of engagement strategies, help shape future strategies and produce regular reports to senior management
Communication & Visibility:
- Working with project partners and stakeholders, communicating and promoting the ongoing process and outcomes of projects, both in attendance at meetings and events, and through appropriate channels with staff, partners and the community.
- Ensuring effective feedback mechanisms (help desks, info boards, suggestion boxes, service and actor mapping, etc.) are in place and that beneficiaries’ feedback is followed by specific actions and is incorporated into meaningful and inclusive community engagement activities that promote resilience, self-reliance and accountability
- Innovating, developing engagement techniques using digital online and social media, and liaising with colleagues to develop these
- Facilitating communication events, on site and outside. Making sure that ASB is included in events relevant to our work and to donor requirements
- In liaison with other ASB staff (IT) manage web page to ensure they are relevant, up-to-date and reflect the activities of the project and ASB.
- Identifying strong stories within the communities and writing engaging material for both internal and external audiences, optimised for use across a variety of communications channels, including websites, social media, newsletters and printed leaflets
- Makes sure that visibility of the donor is according to program requirements and at donor standard
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Communications
3. Reports to:
Head of Communications
- Cultural Mediation Officers
- MEAL Officers
- NFE Officers
- Protection Officers
- SMS Officers
- Other actors on site
Bachelor in Social Sciences Communication, Public Relations, Journalism would be an asset. If the candidate doesn’t have the desired educational background, but has the desired practical experience needed, s/he can still apply.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years in a similar position;
- Experience working with an INGO and with funded programs;
- Ability to adapt in the working environment and be innovative with his/her work.
- Knowledge of current debates affecting humanitarian affairs in Greece and surrounding regions
- Proven oral and written communication skills with internal and external audiences
- A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of professionalism
- Experience in analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to correctly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Good design and IT skills
- Strong knowledge of the humanitarian principles;
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece;
- Has to be either fluent in English or Greek (spoken and written) both would be ideal, German would be an asset; Other languages welcome
- Patience and a good sense of humour.
- Standard twenty-four days of paid leave per year (plus seniority legal additions);
- Extra private life and accident insurance;
- Relocation accommodation bonus, 7 days if applicable to the position
- Organizational phone, with monthly credit;
- Transportation to and from work, with an organizational mini bus;
7. Base of Position
Thessaloniki – Diavata LTAC
8. Length of contract
Six (6) months initial contract with possibility for extension
How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address:**email@example.com**clearly stating the “C&E/THESS ” in the subject field.
The deadline for application submission is December 4th, 2020 at 23:59 hrs.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following: “ I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a written application in the form of email to firstname.lastname@example.org ”.
Apply to Job