Advocacy and Organisational Development Consultants
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
ABOUT ARK Group:
ARK Group is a social enterprise, empowering local communities through the provision of agile and sustainable interventions to create greater stability, opportunity, and hope for the future.
We believe that resilient communities are the foundation of local, national, regional and international development and stability – and ultimately a safer, peaceful and more prosperous world. At ARK, we have delivered research and programmatic interventions validating this approach in over twenty countries since 2008. As a social enterprise we work in partnership with communities, our donors, and other implementers to build local capacities, generate opportunity and bring about sustainable change.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
ARK Group is developing a pool of consultants to support organisational development, capacity building and mentoring for civil society organisations (CSOs) and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the MENA region, with a current focus on Jordan and Iraq.
The responsibilities of selected candidates will vary depending on the nature of the projects but indicative activities include:
- Assessing the organisational capacity of partner organisations using established industry assessment tools and methods;
- Conducting training and other needs assessments;
- Providing training, capacity building, technical assistance and mentoring for partner organisations;
- Developing tools to measure capacity building results, including pre- and post-training assessments;
- Monitoring activities, budgets and capacity building outcomes;
- Supporting the design of frameworks for evaluating the impact of projects implemented by selected CSOs/NGOs.
- Supporting learning, training and other ad hoc requests and events requested by ARK.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Education, Social Science or a related field.
- Extensive experience (8+ years), progressively responsible, working in advocacy, organisational development and capacity building, and/or public accountability, ideally in Iraq, Jordan or the broader Middle East region.
- Knowledge of and experience in delivery of advocacy training and preparation of instructional tools.
- Experience of working with youth and supporting CSO/NGO network development.
- Knowledge of project cycle management and experience delivering project management training.
- Extensive experience working with civil society in Iraq and/or Jordan and knowledge of the civil society sector.
- Previous experience working with small grants programmes and knowledge of administrative and financial management are desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated aptitude for creativity and adaptability in challenging environments.
- Arabic fluency required; English fluency high desirable.
- Digital literacy; ability to work remotely.
MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
What Makes Us Different
We pride ourselves on being the first people able to access and operate in challenging fragile and conflict-affected environments. We are expeditionary by design and our systems and structures enable flexible and agile responses while ensuring safe, effective and compliant delivery.
Working with and through teams drawn from the communities in which we operate enables us to deliver impactful interventions built on intimate local understanding. In collaboration with our global network of international and local experts, we integrate nuanced understanding of the challenges we aim to solve with best practice and field-leading innovation to deliver programming that meets short-term stabilisation objectives and builds the evidence base and knowledge needed to lay the groundwork for long-term peacebuilding and development programming.
What We Do
We enjoy sectoral experience in civil society development, good governance, protection and human rights, refugees and migration, stabilisation, gender, security and justice, as well as cross-cutting experience in programme design and learning, organisational development and management, research and analysis, needs assessments, MEAL, communications and capacity building.
Today, our team covers a diverse range of professional backgrounds; from diplomacy, humanitarian, development and the military, to the UN, civil society groups, multilateral organisations, journalism and the private sector.
They bring sectoral expertise in civil society development, good governance, protection and human rights, refugees and migration, gender and security and justice, as well as practical experience in programme design and learning, organisational development and management, research and analysis, needs assessments, MEAL, communications and capacity building. The multi-disciplinary and multi-national nature of our team means the research we undertake and the programmes we deliver are grounded in empirical need and deliver measurable and sustainable impact.
ARK Group is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. ARK Group does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We welcome all kinds of diversity. ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK Group employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply via our company website:
Apply to Job