Team Leader/Community Development Expert (Myanmar National)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Cufa is an International Development Agency with a focus on promoting financial inclusion and increasing financial literacy and improving economic livelihoods. Cufa has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for nearly 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels, building capacity in emerging financial cooperative movements to create sustainability, improve lives, and relieve poverty.
Cufa is seeking a Myanmar National for a eam Leader/Community Development Expert for a 4.5 year project to be based in EITHER Ayeywarwady Region, Chin State, Sagaing State (North), Sagaing State (South) OR Thanintharyi Region.
This role will be responsible for management of the team, day-to-day operations of project implementation, ensuring project targets and deliverables are met in compliance with the Project manual.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensure the efficient planning and operation of the Project services
- Supervise the mobilization, training, job assignment, and performance of the Project members
- Support township Department of Rural Development (DRD) office in all aspects of project implementation according to the project operations manual, in particular planning, budgeting, scheduling, and quality control
- Lead and manage on-the-job-training and capacity building for DRD and Project staff and facilitators on all aspects of project management
- Provide overall guidance in the inclusion of resiliency building interventions in village subprojects and livelihood initiatives by livelihood groups, scanning of market, livelihood opportunities, and establishing linkages with stakeholders for capacity building and access to credit
- Coordinate and oversee the preparations for the conduct of training for village tract development; support committees, village committees, community and technical facilitators, and village volunteers on project operations and the project cycle
- Ensure that the accurate, complete data is collected in the MIS and submitted to DRD on time; (viii) Ensure strong coordination and cooperation with DRD
- Support the township and Union DRD in the production of required documentation and reports
- Oversee the appropriate and timely resolution of feedback and complaints received through the feedback handling mechanism;
- Support the township DRD staff in the facilitation of internal and external audits\
- Ensure required documentation are completed (timesheets, travel approval, reimbursement, etc.)
- Initiate and sustain partnerships with relevant government agencies, academic, nongovernment organizations and other stakeholders for technical assistance and continuing capacity building initiatives.
- Degree in social sciences, community development or other relevant discipline;
- At least 12 years experience, of which at least 6 years of project management experience;
- Experience in managing large multidisciplinary teams;
- Preferably having experience of community-based infrastructure, livelihood development, community participatory planning, gender and social inclusion and resiliency building;
- Preferably having experience in livelihood development either agriculture, livestock, trade and commerce
- Familiarity with the regional language and/or dialect used by ethnic groups in the would be an advantage;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and MS Project; and
- Good skills in English writing and speaking.
How to apply:
If you can demonstrate the specified assigned tasks, please forward a covering letter and your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Team Leader/Community Development Expert’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date. Closing date: 19 November 2020.
Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.
Apply to Job