Senior clinical director | USA | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a senior clinical director for the GHSC-PSM Oxygen team based in Arlington, VA. This would be a half-time consultant position for two-three months. The Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management Contract (GHSC-PSM) has been issued with a Technical Direction Memorandum (TDM) to provide assistance to focus and optimize countries selected by USAID leadership as it relates to the provision of oxygen response to COVID-19. GHSC-PSM will support three separate but inter-related activities that include, coordinating in-country oxygen supply, procuring, delivering, installing and commissioning oxygen-related equipment and supplies and delivering clinical and non-clinical technical assistance (TA). The global oxygen ecosystem senior clinical director will be responsible for identifying and engaging global and local clinical subcontractors in the focus and optimize countries to provide clinical technical assistance in the provision of oxygen. S/he will provide oversight to the technical assistance partners and will work closely with the GHSC-PSM team to ensure the installation and commissioning of the procured equipment for delivery of oxygen takes place at the USAID identified sites. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership in program Provide oversight to clinical sub-contractors and ensure effective capacity building of in-country health care workers located at the USAID designated sites
- Ensure sub-contractors develop high quality training manuals, job aids and other instruction materials required for the safe delivery of oxygen to patients
- Facilitate learning and cross fertilization among partners and countries
- Identify and engage global and local clinical sub-contractors with expertise in the delivery of oxygen to patients with COVID-19
- Develop SOWs and budgets for sub-contractors to deliver services
- Monitor budgets and submit quarterly reports to USAID
- Participate in meetings with USAID and provide updates on the clinical aspects of the project
- Work closely with the non-clinical partners and act as the clinical liaison to ensure oxygen supply and oxygen related equipment is procured, delivered, installed and commissioned in a timely manner at designated sites
- Clinical degree (RN, NP, PA, MD) required. Master’s in public health in addition to a clinical degree is desired
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in clinical settings in low- and middle-income countries is necessary
- Demonstrated expertise in the management of patients requiring oxygen
- Strong leadership, coordination and capacity building skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and culture
- Prior experience working with USAID is beneficial
- Ability to travel when needed
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French or Spanish preferred
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Senior Clinical Director” in the subject line to GHDOps@chemonics.com by November 11, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job