NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Security Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria, with a scope of work that spans all 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Given the scale of operations in Nigeria and the complex security environment, GHSC-PSM requires a large security team to manage security both in the main office in Abuja and across the six regions where the project maintains activities. The project currently employs a Security Manager to lead the management of the security platform, and two Security Advisors to provide direct technical assistance specifically for field operations. In order to provide for additional administrative and operational support for the team, the project is hiring an additional Security Associate to be based in the Abuja office.
The objective of the Security Associate position is to provide administrative and operational support to the GHSC-PSM Nigeria security team, to include data collection, information management, document updates, travel tracking, security reporting, and other routine tasks. S/he will be responsible for supporting the Security Manager and the Security Advisors in the management of the overall security platform.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative and operational support to the Security Manager and Security Advisor, including data collection, information management, document updates, travel tracking, security reporting, and other routine tasks.
· Monitor open sources and other intelligence streams in order to collect information on significant security developments, trends, and incidents in project areas of operations.
· In coordination with the Security Manager and Security Advisors, draft security reports including the weekly bulletin and as needed special alerts or advisories to staff via email or bulk SMS.
· Alert the Security Manager and Security Advisors to developing security situations or incidents in the project areas of operations.
· Carry out briefings as directed by the security team, including travel briefings for incoming international travelers and security orientations for new employees.
· Assist in the management of the office security plan, including contributing to the administration of physical security systems and helping the implementation of procedures.
· Manage office safety needs, including maintaining the office evacuation plan, ensuring fully-stocked first aid kits, testing satellite phones, checking fire extinguishers, and developing security signage.
· Document and track all staff travel using the designated tracking tools, to include taking the lead on routine communications with staff in transit.
· Manage updates for key security documents, including monthly updates for the project phone tree, management of the bulk SMS list, and review of the emergency action plan.
· Lead administration of security team files in SharePoint, providing for version control, records management, and tools for the management of data.
· Assist the Security Manager in performing departmental audits within stipulated timeframes and implementing recommending corrector actions according to the findings.
· As a member of the security team, support incident response—including updating the incident log and drafting initial security incident report forms as directed.
The Security Associate will report directly to the GHSC-PSM Security Manager. The Chemonics SMU will provide overall strategic support to the GHSC-PSM Nigeria security platform and will serve as the key focal point for decisions that impact the entire security platform and in cases of emergency.
Duration of Assignment: Long-Term Full-Time (5 days per week)
Location of Assignment: Abuja, Nigeria
· Nigerian citizen/resident required;
· At least two years of professional work experience, preferably in the field of security, risk analysis, data collection, international development, or journalism;
· Expertise in Nigerian security issues is highly desirable, including current threat environment, security policy, key actors, risk assessment, and best practices;
· Ability to report to and coordinate with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external;
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
· Basic Computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Corel Draw, Visio, etc.)
· Fluency in English is required.
How to apply:
To apply, please click the link below:
Apply to Job