Rural Infrastructure & Safeguards Risk Management Engineer (Myanmar National)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Cufa is an International Development Agency with a focus on promoting financial inclusion and increasing financial literacy and improving economic livelihoods. Cufa has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for nearly 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels, building capacity in emerging financial cooperative movements to create sustainability, improve lives, and relieve poverty.
Cufa is seeking a Myanmar National for Rural Infrastructure & Safeguards Risk Management Engineers for a 4.5 year project to be based in EITHER Ayeyarwady Region, Chin State, Sagaing State (North), Sagaing State (South) OR Thanintharyi Region.
This role will be provide support in the management of community-driven infrastructure projects with particular focus on ensuring inclusion of resilient design considerations, climate change, disaster risk management and safeguards mitigation measures.
The Rural Infrastructure & Safeguards Risk Management Engineers will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervise the recruitment, mobilization, training, job assignment, and performance of the technical facilitators;
- Develop Information, Education and Communication (IEC)materials in coordination with the communications and social accountability officer;
- Liaise with the DRD engineers and specialists in writing and ensuring that the priority initiatives proposed by participating communities are in accordance with DRD and ADB policies and are developed with realistic perspectives;
- Ensure that the rural infrastructure interventions proposed by communities are implemented in conformity with Myanmar and internationally acceptable building and construction codes of practice;
- Ensure that the materials procured for infrastructure interventions conform to Myanmar standards and codes of civil engineering practice applicable to minor works;
- Train technical facilitators in application of the standard designs and quality assurance of civil, building, and earthworks;
- Train village and village tract forums in environmental safeguard requirements climate change and DRM for the project;
- Provide guidance and technical inputs during village planning activities regarding environmental safeguards, climate change, and DRM and ensure sound and critical analysis of gathered data during the Participatory Situation analysis (PSA)
- Assist the project facilitators in integrating environmental safeguard guidelines, climate change and DRM into the subproject design, implementation and monitoring;
- Ensure compliance by all subprojects to social and environmental safeguards guidelines as set out in the Project manual; and
- Monitor and conduct spot checks to quality assure the infrastructure subprojects.
- Degree in civil engineering;
- At least 10 years of experience, of which at least 5 years in design and construction of rural infrastructure;
- Preferably having experience in DRM and resilient infrastructure;
- Preferably having experience of community participation and community-based infrastructure;
- Preferably having experience of similar projects involving project cycle management, planning and development, training, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and sustainability;
- Preferably having experience in training engineers and technicians in the supervision of direct labor in civil and building construction, and earthworks;
- Preferably familiar with the language and/or dialect used by ethnic groups in the assigned township;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and AUTOCAD; and
- Moderate skills in English writing and speaking.
How to apply:
If you can demonstrate the specified assigned tasks, please forward a covering letter and your up-to-date CV to email@example.com using the subject line ‘ Rural Infrastructure & Safeguards Risk Management Engineer ’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date. Closing date: 19 November 2020.
Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.
Apply to Job