Research officer | Iraq | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a research officer for the ongoing Iraq Regional Program, a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program based in Iraq. The Iraq Regional Program aims to increase stability in Iraq by supporting accelerated recovery in conflict-affected areas, improvement of the public’s perception of local leadership, and strengthened social fabric of Iraqi communities. The research officer will conduct research assignments to support the program’s context analysis, including awareness of the state of political, social, and economic development in various areas in Iraq. This position will be based in Iraq. S/He will report directly to the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) manager and/or his/her designee. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responds to ad-hoc research requests on emerging trends and issues
- Composes program deep-dives into themes of interest through collecting and consolidating data from varied sources, including but not limited to desk research and the collection of high quality quantitative and qualitative data
- Coordinates field data collection efforts in collaboration with program field team
- In coordination with the MEL manager, supports the design, implementation and follow up on program research needs
- Supports the creation of products that demonstrate the program’s strategy, accomplishments, impact, and presence
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- A minimum of four years of progressively responsible relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including desk research, surveys, focus groups, and online data collection
- Strong analytical skills, writing abilities, and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with a multifaceted team and collaborate with colleagues to collect data and produce high quality research products in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good professional judgment
- Capacity to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, partners, including local NGOs, and governmental entities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience working with statistical software preferred
- Prior experience on USAID/OTI programs preferred but not required
- Applicants are required to submit two writing samples
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish and other local languages is preferred, but not required
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Research officer in the subject line to email@example.com by November 8, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job