NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title: Proposal Writer
Reporting to: Regional BDD Director, Asia-Pacific
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The consultant writer will work in collaboration with proposal teams, particularly design leads and technical specialists, to develop responsive, competitive bids. Specifically, the consultant will draft proposal sections such as executive summaries, technical narratives and staffing and management plans, drawing on multiple sources that may include desk/internet research, design workshops and written inputs from, or interviews with, subject-matter experts.
· Reviews and analyzes solicitations, creates proposal outlines; attends kick-off meetings, design workshops and technical reviews; and revises content based on feedback from proposal reviewers.
· Writes high-quality proposals/bids by following FHI 360 proposal-writing standards with emphasis on readability, consistency, and tone.
· Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
· Coordinates closely with the Proposal Manager and proposal development contributors.
· Postgraduate degree in social science, political science, economics, journalism, communication and marketing, or a similar field, with a minimum of four years’ experience with international organizations, international postings, or managing projects.
· Familiar with writing development sector proposals.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English; should be able to demonstrate ability to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit their resumes (maximum of 3 pages) and writing samples to APROProposal@fhi360.org
Apply to Job