Project Manager Assistant - Tunisia/Libya
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups - in particular protection ones - with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target populations. In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. This include center-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance and non-formal education.
UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli)
UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Misrata and Zwara)
EU Trust Fund: Protection Enabling Environment and Resilience Services (Misrata)
The collaboration will start in January 2021.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with regular missions to Libya when security conditions allow it.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager (PM), the Project Manager Assistant is responsible for supporting the PM and the Field Coordinator in implementing the “Leaving No One Behind: CSOs for an inclusive society” 3-year project funded by the European Union in Libya, in close coordination with transversal roles as Technical Unit, Area Administration, Operations, Security and MEAL staff.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring support for quality and timely implementation of the project and its activities. The work plan agreed upon between Cesvi and the EU determines the nature of the project and the activities to be implemented:
Support the PM and the Field Coordinator to ensure that project activities are implemented on time and according to the approved project proposal
- Support the Project Manager and the Field Coordinator on ensuring the sound and effective implementation of the project Action Plan, liaising with staff in Tunis and field staff (Field Coordinator and transversal role staff) as needed;
- Support the PM on the development of procedures for sub-grants to CSOs and informal community groups;
- Support the Field Coordinator in drafting internal and external weekly, monthly and quarterly narrative reports;
- Support the review all deliverables and reports submitted by the Service Providers to ensure that the quality hold the expected standard of quality
- Support the organization of monthly project meetings with staff and Service Providers and the Steering Committee meetings
- Attend internal and external meetings and prepare minutes or meeting summaries;
- Support the MEAL Department in terms of qualitative and quantitative data as well as analyse trends and lessons learned;
- Support the PM in the elaboration of MoUs, contracts and TORs for specific activities;
- Support the PM on elaborating .ppt and materials for meetings or training purposes;
- Support the PM on summarizing and documenting project results, lessons learned and good practices;
- Support the PM on monitoring budget execution and forecasting;
- Assist to develop the Procurement Plan;
- Assist in the establishment of operating arrangements for Service Providers’ technical and financial management and accountability;
- Coordination with HQ and APM for visibility activities related to the project;
- Efficient management of the office, goods and means;
- Support the mission staff with any other tasks, if necessary.
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
- Ensure compliance with Cesvi Safeguarding Policies and full implementation of Safeguarding measures within his/her area of responsibility throughout the project activities
- University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, humanitarian assistance, social work, human rights, international law and/or Cooperation and development or another appropriate field
- Previous experience in program assistance with INGOs
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Prior experience in assisting projects implemented in Libya (ideal) and/or other complex areas in the Maghreb or Middle East
- Sound knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in supporting programme/project planning, design, follow-up, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in supporting on procurement, financial and budgetary planning and control
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Results orientation
- Good report writing and budget management skills
- Proactive and flexible approach in dealing with project tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Proven ability to deliver in a timely manner
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-driven attitude, ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Work experience in Libya
- Knowledge of Arabic and French
- Familiarity with HRs and gender approaches
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
How to apply:
Apply to Job