Project Coordinator TB-SPEED
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Solthis is a global health NGO created 15 years ago that works for prevention and access to quality care for all by strengthening health systems and services in a sustainable manner. We work on women's, maternal and child health issues, and on major pandemics such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Solthis is a development NGO, present in West Africa with 6 country offices, which in partnership with local actors and deploy projects including operational research, capacity building and advocacy.
In order to carry out our project in Sierra Leone, we are looking for a:
PROJECT COORDINATOR TB-SPEED
Duration of the contract: 1 year
Assignment basis: Freetown, Sierra Leone
The TB-SPEED project goal is to contribute to the reduction in childhood mortality from tuberculosis by delivering an available, feasible, cost-effective, and decentralized childhood tuberculosis diagnostic approach to enhance case-finding and access to treatment. This is a four-year UNITAID funded project implemented in seven countries (Cambodia, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia) which stated in October 2017 with three major patient-centred outputs and three technical support outputs building evidence for future scaling up. One of the outputs, which is implemented in Sierra Leone, will validate a decentralized diagnostic approach low level health care facilities using battery-operated GeneXpert OMNI and Xpert ultra cartridge on nasopharyngeal aspirate and stool. The approach also includes optimised screening, clinical and radiological diagnosis through training, mentorship, and use of digital radiography and establishment of quality control of x-ray reading. The central research unit is at the University of Bordeaux in France. In Sierra Leone, the project is under the responsibility of SOLTHIS. It takes place in one reference hospital in Freetown and health facilities of two districts.
Under the supervision of Solthis Head of Mission, the Project coordinator will coordinate the preparation and implementation of the TB-SPEED project in Sierra Leone.
- Project preparation: Coordinate the submission of the project study protocols to ethics and other necessary regulatory bodies, Prepare national and international orders of material and equipment ; Participate in the recruitment of the project personal and elaborate the training plan ; Ensure that all project documents, procedures and forms are available on site. If necessary, elaborate specific site procedures…
- Project coordination : Oversee the project progresses according to the project plan ; Follow the recruitment in the different studies and identify reasons for low recruitment rate ; Ensure that quality assurance procedures for clinical, laboratory and data management are in place…
- Project communication and reporting : Reporting of the project progresses to the country scientific director and the central research unit ; Participating in the project teleconferences and meeting with the central research unit ; Participate in the elaboration of the national project communication plan…
Initial training: You have a 4/5 years of higher education in a relevant field (Master or MSc of Public Health, International Health or Epidemiology).
Experience: You must have a minimum of 2 years of working experience in resource-limited settings.
A working experience in clinical research in limited resource countries is an added value, as well as training in project management.
Qualities: You communicate in English with ease both orally and in writing and are known for your listening skills and diplomacy. You have a very good capacity for analysis and synthesis and know how to manage your stress. You have strong interpersonal and partnership skills in order to link the needs of a clinical research project with the realities of operational implementation in a context of resource-limited countries and the expectations of national authorities. You are flexible for regular travel to study sites within the country.
Other: You master the office pack and have a valid driver's license. Knowledge of ICH guidelines, GCP, and the clinical trial study process. Training in Good Clinical Practice
Salary: Between 1750 euros and 2200 euros gross per month
- Perdiem and housing allowance
- Medical coverage, repatriation insurance, provident fund.
- 33 days of paid holidays per year
How to apply:
Composition of the file:** CV, Motivation Letter and 3 references (former managers)
Send to : Recrutement@solthis.org with the object "Project Coordinator TB-Speed".
Deadline for submitting applications: 31/10/2020**
Procedure:*** Successful candidates will be contacted for an HR interview and technical validation.*
Note.** Any application submitted after this deadline will not be taken into account.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
Apply to Job