NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking Program Assistants (PAs) to support Management and Integration Teams (MITs) within USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). BHA leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards. As part of a MIT, PAs work to improve the efficiency of BHA processes, facilitate communication and collaboration between offices and within the BHA structure, and fulfill other administrative functions. Day-to-day work assignments and oversight are provided by BHA office directors, deputy office directors, or MIT leads, with formal supervisory and evaluation functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
Specific PA duties vary based on office assignments. PA duties include and are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to all teams within the assigned BHA office;
- Assisting with the onboarding of new staff of various hiring mechanisms;
- Assisting BHA staff with general office support including but not limited to requesting soft tokens, transit benefits, and badges;
- Serving as a timekeeper for BHA personnel in WebTA, USAID’s time and attendance system;
- Liaising or coordinating with USAID and Administrative Management Services officers to process memos and other administrative requests;
- Coordinating the clearance routing of various documents or memos, following up on pending details, and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Assisting BHA personnel with drafting and clearing staffing memos, such as premium pay memos and travel compensation (comp) time memos, and with tracking comp time;
- Managing calendar invitations, phone-bridge lines, video-conference calls, agendas, room reservations, note-taking, and other logistics for meetings;
- Assisting with listserv creation and management;
- Researching and obtaining information for routine reports and data requests;
- Assisting in maintaining trackers and consistently monitoring data quality control; and
- Attending and providing coverage at various USAID meetings and public events in an administrative-support or note-taking capacity, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
Bachelor’s or graduate degree preferred, with minimum two years of professional/office experience
preferred. Professional/office experience may include internships.
Qualified candidates must:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Have strong attention to detail,
- Have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite,
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances,
- Be able to multi-task and work under deadlines, and
- Work well with others in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
How to apply:
Apply to Job