Operations, procurement and logistics specialist | Turkey | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks an operations, procurement and logistics specialist to join our team. The operations, procurement and logistics specialist will provide operations, procurement, logistics and other office administration support to the team in accordance with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and Chemonics rules and regulations. The operations, procurement and logistics specialist will adhere to and act in accordance with Chemonics’ and ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. He/she will uphold Manahel’s safeguarding standards at all times and will promote a safeguarding culture among partners, beneficiaries, and staff. The operations, procurement and logistics specialist will also ensure that professional and transparent relationships are maintained with all staff, project partners, donors, counterparts, vendors, and others with whom he/she interacts, throughout the life of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide general administrative support for Manahel activities
- Point of contact for petty cash; review and process expenses equal or below $100
- Point of contact for project phone vendor, reviews monthly phone invoices for staff members, collects funds for employee over usage
- Track payments of office’s internet, electricity, water, phone bills are paid and office’s rent, building management fee, garage fee, heating expenses are paid
- Track payment of TL’s apartment’s internet, electricity, water, building management fees are paid
- Manage the Manahel Visitors’ Log as needed
- Ensure office orderliness and professional appearance
- Respond in a timely manner to procurement requests as approved by the grants, operations, finance and HR lead
- Work directly with local or regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services
- Draft, execute, and manage blanket purchase agreements (BPAs), contracts, and purchase orders to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions
- Complete market research as requested by project staff
- Provide oversight of inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Organize and oversee evaluation committees for trade-off procurements
- Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file
- Assist in developing procurement-related approval documentation for submission to project donor as needed
- Provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries in coordination with operations assistant
- Oversee inspection of procured goods with travel to procurement sites as needed
- Maintain an updated procurement plan and share with director and other staff as needed
- Manage project inventory, including items in both Turkey and Syria
- Prepare inventory-related deliverables for FCDO
- Manage project logistics, including hotel arrangements, domestic flights, airport pick-ups, and shipping
- Prepare Equipment Loan Agreements for staff working in Syria. In close coordination with the Program Compliance Specialist, ensure all inventory is properly tracked for export compliance purposes.
- Stay well informed regarding all FCDO/ISD policies and procedures related to inventory and logistics
- Assist on basic IT help desk issues when the IT Specialist is unavailable
- Assist staff in addressing any personnel questions or issues in collaboration with the grants, operations, finance and HR lead
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three year of relevant experience working in administration and/or office management
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment that reflects positively on the team
- Previous experience working in the Middle East and on programs in insecure environments is desirable
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Turkish is required. Additional proficiency in Arabic is preferred but not required
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Operations, Procurement and Logistics Specialist” in the subject line to Recruitment@manahel.org by November 6, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job