Niger - Project Assistant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability. ASB’s Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 100 reliefs, rehabilitation, development and disability inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction projects in countries like Georgia, Greece, Haiti, Indonesia, Iraq, Nepal, Nicaragua, Philippines, Serbia and Ukraine.
ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
The position is a full-time position and involves 40 hours a week. The contract period is one year with the option to extend. The place of employment is Niamey, Niger with numerous business trips to the Tahoua region. Under the direct supervision of the ASB Country Director you will have the following tasks:
- Preparation of project reports in German, English or French for the ASB German Head Quarter or the funding agencies
- Support in writing project proposals
- Support for the operational planning and management of a humanitarian aid project for Malian refugees and host communities
- Support and coordination of the implementation of the project measures, including the review of the monthly progress of the project
- Support in reviewing project implementation with regard to donor guidelines, ASB regulations and international standards
- Active participation in the Protection Cluster
- Training of ASB employees and local partners in the area of protection
- Support in communication and public relations work (writing articles for social networks, newsletters, brochures, etc.)
- Support of the ASB Country Director in other activities
- A university or university of applied sciences degree in the field of humanitarian aid or a training appropriate to the position
- Interest in topics of international humanitarian aid and work in an international context
- Very good language skills in German, French, English spoken and written
- Initial experience with donor-financed projects (AA, BMZ) desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the field of protection desirable (PSEA and GBV)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to cooperate and work in a team
- Initial practical experience in the above-mentioned fields of activity is desirable, especially in reporting
- Structured, precise working method and flexibility
- Willingness to travel on business under sometimes difficult conditions
- An interesting job in an international context
- An salary of 1.600,00 EUR per month, plus insurance cover and assumption of the travel costs to and from the event.
Activities ASB foreign aid in Niger:
The security situation in Niger requires a high level of sensitivity to security issues and strict adherence to the rules of conduct laid down by the ASB country office. These can be very restrictive in some cases and include, for example, a ban on visiting certain locations in the capital and the region for private or professional reasons.
Security situation in Niger, page of the German Foreign Office:
How to apply:
Have we aroused your interest? Then please send your application with cover letter, curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages each) and relevant certificates and/or the naming of two reference persons by email in pdf format to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Annika Täuber (+49 22147605-342 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send us her cover letter and CV in both German and French.
Subject "Assistance Niger
Application deadline: 23.10.2020
Applicants who have aroused our interest will be contacted by us by mid November 2020.
Apply to Job