Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
No Means No Worldwide (NMNW) is an internationally acclaimed training academy for sexual violence prevention and recovery. Our goal is to end sexual violence against women and children around the world. We train local young women and men from high risk communities to deliver IMpower and IMsafer, our dual-gender sexual violence intervention systems that teach girls to set boundaries, stand up and defend themselves and boys to challenge rape culture, ask for consent and intervene in attack.
Stanford University researchers have found that IMpower drops rape rates by 47%, which has led to endorsements from the World Health Organization, the CDC, UNICEF and the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children. NMNW is in a period of significant growth, excited to be taking steps to scale the program on a global level.
Candidates based in Africa or in North America are highly encouraged to apply. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
NMNW is scaling up its sexual violence prevention programs through strategic partnerships globally. A critical component of our partnership model is a strong Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) system that leverages data submitted by partners to provide strategic and relevant program insights for NMNW’s Program Unit, external partners, and donors. The MEAL Coordinator will primarily support the MEAL Manager in handling the increasing amount of data generated as NMNW rapidly expands its program. This work includes cleaning and analysis of program data, managing data submission and feedback with partners, utilizing NMNW’s Salesforce database to create reports and dashboards, and supporting the design of MEAL tools and frameworks. The MEAL Coordinator will spend the majority of their time working with quantitative data in Excel or on the Salesforce platform.
This is a remote-based full-time position, ideally based in Africa or North America. As NMNW grows its programs, there will be opportunities to grow the role and shape NMNW’s global MEAL strategy.
● Manages the flow of quantitative program data through data cleaning, imports and exports, quality checks, and troubleshooting using NMNW’s Salesforce database and Microsoft Excel
● Ensures timely reporting of program results to Implementing Partners, Program Unit, Leadership Team, and for donor reporting
● Generates reports, analysis, and dashboards to analyze program results in Salesforce and Microsoft Excel
● Offers recommendations to MEAL Manager and external consultants on streamlining and improving our Salesforce database
● Analyzes quantitative and qualitative program data to answer NMNW’s key learning questions
● Provides training and support to Implementing Partners on data collection and data entry, virtually or in-person, including generating feedback to improve the MEAL system and ensure timely data submission
● Supports in design of customized MEAL tools and frameworks for Implementing Partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including tables, formulas, pivot tables, and creating graphs and visualizations
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data, including but not limited to data collection, analysis and presentation, and communication of results
- Experience in managing online database systems (Salesforce experience ideal), including creating reports and dashboards
- Experience using software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of data analysis programs a bonus (e.g. STATA)
- Excellent verbal communication and relational skills, especially working in a cross-cultural environment
- Have the ability to work on a flexible schedule to accommodate time zones in the United States and Africa, with the majority of your work time (at least 4 hours per day) overlapping with 9 am – 5 pm EST/EDT
- Background in or familiarity with the field of M&E is an advantage
- Experience in international development work, including M&E reporting requirements, is an advantage
In order to thrive at NMNW, a candidate must:
● Excel in an entrepreneurial, rapidly-growing and independent environment
● Be able to work productively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities at once
● Thrive on a remote team, with the ability to work independently and proactively problem-solve
● Eagerly jump on opportunities to exceed expectations and solve new challenges
Contribute to NMNW’s positive, “Attitude of Gratitude” team culture by embracing every opportunity to learn and experience new things
How to apply:
● Send your resume and cover letter by November 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MEAL Coordinator”.
● In your cover letter, please explain what interests you about this position and why you think you would be a good fit for it. Please also indicate where you found the job description.
● Please note we will conduct rolling interviews beginning immediately, and the position will start on/around December 1, 2020.
Apply to Job