MEAL Assistant: Azaz - Syria
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
VACANCY REFERENCE: MEAL -011
• Monitor activities and output.
• To check, collect data on satisfaction and feedback from the people we serve and various stakeholders.
• Adjust specific activities in the response if the monitoring data indicate that the support provided is not meeting quality standards or is not as effective as it could be in responding to priority community needs.
• To communicate any significant changes in the response to stakeholders, including community members, local government.
• Assist MEAL officer In ensuring the functionality of beneficiary Accountability and Complaint mechanisms
• Assist MEAL officer in planning field activities and collect information pertaining to IRW emergency interventions from monitoring sites and other sources
• To use participatory methods and approaches for monitoring and discussing with beneficiaries and community leaders.
• To ensure data collected from the field is immediately processed and passed on to the MEAL officer before the following field trip.
• To participate in needs assessments, surveys, and other assessments in collaboration with IRW relevant local partners and NGOs.
• Assist MEAL officer to prepare a regular tour and other periodic reports.
• To participate in staff meetings and to give suggestions on setting field questionnaires.
• To work in coordination with the team and other concerned parties including IRW projects’ teams to maintain regular exchange of information.
• To carry any other assigned tasks compatible with the job description when requested by the MEAL officer.
Others This involves:
Participate in core team activities
Represent the field office in coordination meetings and any other meetings as requested.
Providing regular feedback to the MEAL officer, and the country office.
Assist in the documentation of the project meetings/workshops.
Support in a collection of project stories, reports, lessons learned, good practices, photos, and case studies.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree
• At least 1-year relevant experience of Monitoring, Evaluation, accountability, and learning.
• Work experience at least in one of these sectors food security, livelihood, health & nutrition, WASH, education.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing assessment tools (e.g. questionnaire, focus group discussions).
• Competency in the use of statistical packages like Excel and Kobo collect.
• Strong ability to work with a team and work independently and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, innovation.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
· Arabic as mother tongue
· English reading and writing are a must
· Excellent computer skills.
· Proficiency in computer applications, internet, and search tools.
· Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use the software necessary for information management and reporting. (excel and word is a must)
• Experience in working in an emergency or development field, ideally with NGOs.
• Experience in monitoring methodologies.
• Good understanding of food security and livelihood, WASH, Education, NFIs/Shelters concepts.
• Good oral and written reporting skills.
• Good communication skills and willingness to work in a team.
• Ability to gather information and present in a report.
How to apply:
· If you are reliable, service-minded, discreet, and dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link and you may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
· Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 14th Oct 2020 at 5:00 pm. You may send your CV to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused as The CV alone is not acceptable
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to Syria.Mission@islamic-relief.com.tr
Apply to Job