NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) – Kenya Office
Job title: Rapporteur for LGBTQ Forums
HIAS is an international not for profit organization with a vision for a world in which refugees, displaced persons and asylum seekers find welcome, safety and freedom. HIAS operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through protection, resilience, economic inclusion and provision of durable solutions.
HIAS seeks to recruit a suitable, qualified Kenyan rapporteur who will assist us in 4 solidarity forums of LGBTQ individuals. The aim of the forum will be to engage the Kenyan and refugee LGBTQ community members on promoting and fostering stronger social ties, and exchanging best practices in navigating the urban area effectively.
· Rapporteur for 4 sessions of a forum for LGBTQ individuals
· Prepare and submit a comprehensive report of the proceedings of the forums
Required conditions for application:
- Must be a Kenyan national
- Available to commit time for at least 3 hours per day, for 4 days (4 sessions)
· Should be well integrated to the dynamics and needs of members of the LGBTQ community. Experience interacting with the LGBTQ refugee community is an added advantage
· Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent Analytical, Communication and Report writing skills
· Computer literacy is a must, with strong knowledge of Access, Excel and Word
- Strong report writing skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating ‘Kenyan LGBTQ Rapporteur’ on the subject of their application
Sexual and gender minorities are highly encouraged to apply
Closing Date: 30th October 2020, 5.00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
*HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.
Apply to Job