Learning Specialist, USAID/DRC Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract 2 (MECC 2), Democratic Republic of the Congo
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is pursuing a contract to provide support to the USAID Regional Mission based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which encompasses the DRC, the Republic of Congo (RoC), and the Central African Republic (CAR). This support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards established development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the Mission’s development outcomes. Additionally, this contract will provide services to strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC.
This contract will also improve upon and provide additional implementation support to the Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and USAID’s regional strategic frameworks through an enhanced MEL system, as well as provide broad MEL support to the USAID/DRC technical offices - Education; Peace and Security; Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance; Health; Economic Growth; Food For Peace; Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance; and the Central Africa Regional Program for the Environment program (CARPE).
SI is seeking a Learning Specialist for the USAID/DRC MECC 2 program. The position is full-time, will be based in Kinshasa, and is contingent upon contract award.
- In cooperation with USAID and IPs, develop learning themes, agendas, and approaches to guide CLA activities over the duration of the contract.
- Through reports, meetings, or other mediums, coordinate and help inform USAID and IP decision-making based on inputs from the Data Management Specialist, Evaluation and Research Specialist, and Institutional Strengthening Specialist.
- Develop and manage knowledge management tools, systems, and resources.
- Track and report on how deliverables and learnings have been used to inform USAID and IP activities and projects.
- Oversee, implement, and develop resources for CLA activities and events directed at USAID and IPs.
- Assist USAID/DRC and IP staff in developing project and activity level AMELPs, PMPs, DQAs, indicators and targets, and performance reviews.
- Support data collection efforts from data systems and project-level M&E plans, and conduct original data collection, reviewing, and advising on collection methodologies.
- Support the mission in conducting annual reviews of PMP indicators.
- Contribute to Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and other learning activities with the CLA Manager.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in international relations, economics, political science, public policy, or a relevant field required.
- At least five years of experience in the design and management of MEL plans, learning across activities, and knowledge management tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID's Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework and approaches.
- Familiarity with designing and measuring against gender-sensitive indicators preferred.
- Prior experience in a similar position on a USAID-funded project.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and French is required.
How to apply:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3387.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Apply to Job