Grants Finance Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
World Vision International - Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Grants Finance Coordinator
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is required to provide financial input and coordination in grant acquisition, budgeting, project auditing, monthly financial reporting and local resource acquisition; being cognizant of World Vision International financial policies. The Grants coordinator plays an advisory role to the Grants Finance Manager (GFM) and the rest of the team on matters related to risk management, internal controls systems and their impact on the overall grant management and compliance issues.
A. Grants / Projects Budgeting, Reporting & sound financial management
a) Assist Grant Acquisition team and GFM in grant/project budget development, revisions & amendments (proposal, grant and match).
b) Review and analyze grant budgets (pipeline) to ensure good support cost recovery is maintained & direct allocation to projects/grants is maximized.
c) Ensure that various donor regulations are communicated with the relevant staff and partners at the start of every grant to ensure grant transactions, charging and processes are compliant with various donors
d) Keep the GFM and Finance Director informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
e) Assist GFM in ensuring all grants/projects reports are discussed with the project team and passed to donors and support offices within the required time schedules.
f) Review and analyze monthly grant expense ledger and variances (coding accuracy) to advise the stakeholders on expenditure trends and potential issues (through monthly review meeting)
g) Update grant health tracker on monthly basis
h) Assist the reporting unit officer to upload all budgets in sun-system.
B. Capacity building
a) Participate in grants start up workshop in collaboration with the NOs and respective SOs
b) Create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices with the AP team and project managers
c) Provide financial management orientation to the project managers
C. Risk management
a) Participate in grants audit preparation providing required information and coordinating with the relevant departments to respond to the audit requests timely.
b) Follow up with the relevant departments to address and implement common audit findings within the due timeframe.
c) Flag weaknesses and shortcomings in the internal control timely
d) Ensure grant close out notification are communicated with the relevant staff to avoid any delay in recording and reporting legitimate costs to the donors.
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a minimum of 6 years’ practical experience in finance position
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
· Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, Canada Governments, BMZ, EC/ECHO, JPF, WFP, UNOCHA Other UN agencies)
· Experience with humanitarian aid in-country
· Practical knowledge of financial systems such as Sunsystem Provision, internal financial controls & procedures and staff management skills
· Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
· Solid knowledge of government grants regulations and financial reporting requirements.
· Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to travel within regionally and internationally
· A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
· Full adherence to World Vision South Caucasus Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Full Adherence to security protocols
How to apply:
Apply to Job