NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Responsible to play a critical role in the daily administration of the Grants Management System, ensuring that the system is functioning properly and responding in a timely manner to new grant opportunities. The Coordinator works with senior leaders across the organization including the Country Office, Regional Office, Program Quality, Relief, and Grants team personnel to provide key support in the areas of proposal coordination, proposal review, and grants data management. This role will also serve as a focal point for field offices and other departments in relation to grant development processes and procedures.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Grants Coordination & Administration Support
• Manage and maintain the Grants Management System with proposal information and key documents.
• Ensure the Grants Database is up to date and provide regular reporting to PDSR leadership on grants metrics.
• Support the Resource Development Teams through scheduling meetings and tracking proposal deliverables.
• Conduct Grants Management System trainings for new staff and ensure overall usage and functionality of the Grants Management System, including troubleshooting system errors with IT and other stakeholders.
• Travel to FH fields as needed to conduct trainings.
Grants Quality Support
• Review and edit grant proposals and reports for grammar and compliance with donor requirements.
• Prepare summaries of current grants and coordinate with Grants team and Strategic Partner with team members to ensure gap or matching needs are being fundraised.
• Contribute to donor and partner databases.
• Update FH Connect (intranet) grants page.
• Update Country Capacity Statements and Projects page on fh.org.
• Participate in industry seminars, trainings, conferences related to grant development and management.
• Provide general grants information requested by stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Assist in developing written procedures for the various areas of the department.
• Coordinate meetings, trainings and seminars as needed.
• Work with other members of the department on projects as needed.
• Work on projects and tasks assigned by Grants Manager or Director of Grants Management.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
• Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives.
• Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of time per year in the US and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
• Typically, 2+ years of experience in a global organization.
• Prior experience in a complex, matrixed organization, with the ability to scale processes.
• Non-profit ministry experience a plus.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university.•
Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH's policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in termination.
How to apply:
An application and resume / CV is required, apply to https://www.fh.org/about/careers/
Apply to Job