Finance Desk Officer for Ethiopia
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Location: Prague, with occasional business trips to abroad to the country programme
Starting date: based on agreement
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2019, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 20 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become Finance Desk Officer for our programmes in Ethiopia.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Finance Desk Officer (FDO) provides continuity, advice and financial management support to country programmes. At headquarter, the FDO is the focal point for assigned country programmes in terms of financial and economical topics.
- Supervises the country programme financial health including cash flow, coverage of operational costs, identification of financial and procedural risks, and implementation of relevant solutions
- Supports the designated Finance Managers at the country programmes and other senior staff in clear understanding and compliance with finance and administrative standards and procedures, controls country programmes‘ compliance with PIN policies and procedures, donors’ rules and particular legislations
- Takes part in budgets and financial reports preparation and provides support during external audits.
- Keeps the management fully appraised on a timely basis on all important issues
- Experience with finance position is needed (minimum of 2 years)
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Keen eye on details and passion for working with numbers
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Experience with MS Dynamics NAV or another large ERP system is preferred
- Strong training/coaching skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to deal with complex compliance agenda
- Willingness to travel 1-2 per year to the country programme
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT FOR CZECH REPUBLIC
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 34 000 - 36 000 CZK based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).
Apply to Job