NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Nobili, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The aim of Welthungerhilfe's country programme in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is the prevention of malnutrition, especially for the most vulnerable, the structuring of farmers' organisations, the improvement of agricultural value chain and the diversification of production. As Expert Infrastructure you will take the leading role in implementing infrastructure components and manage all activities related to the implementation of road construction within the project/s.
- Take the lead role in the implementation of activities within infrastructure components according to the project design and the approved budget
- Organization of all activities related to the implementation of road construction (60 km of rural road will be built as part of the activities of this project) and small infrastructure works, including roads, health and school buildings and WASH facilities
- Identify, design, implement, monitor and reporting all construction activities in the assigned locations
- Confirm the completion of construction works and provide technical support to the Country Team and the Area Management
- Issue interim payment certificates, variation orders, lists of construction defects and final completion certificates
- Monitor the rectification of defects within the retention periods
- Close cooperation with Welthungerhilfe’s technical advisors and field engineers in all aspects of the programme activities
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like structural/civil engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in civil engineering
- Extensive experience in the rehabilitation and construction of rural roads and infrastructure works
- Working experience in DRC or central Africa would be an advantage
- EU/KFW donor experience desirable
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to work in areas with volatile local conditions
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French; Swahili language skills will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
***We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.
How to apply:
Apply to Job