NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About the Opportunity
The Contracts Manager (CM) reports to the Senior Director of the Grants and Contracts and manages administration of contract proposals, contract awards, and acquisition contracts and procurements of goods, in compliance with prime funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, this role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
Internews is looking to hire a candidate who will be based in either of our US Headquarters locations of Arcata, California or Washington, DC. Alternatively, the position may be based remotely in a location that allows for collaboration and crossover with Internews' Grants and Contracts department based in California.
Right now, all Internews offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Internews staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. The ideal candidate for this role will be based in the DC area and able to come to the downtown DC office once it reopens. Until that time, this position will function remotely and remote candidates will be considered.
Our Commitment to Fostering a Culture of Belonging
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage administrative compliance with $18M USAID direct contract award in Myanmar (required) and pass-through awards (as needed). Coordinate compliance responsibilities and actions amongst program teams and HQ departments, acting as central hub for compliance questions. Works closely with the program team’s Business and Ops Analyst to maintain compliance with funding award.
- Reviews, edits, and submits contract funding proposals/applications in compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy. Note: this position does not write proposals – the CM ensures that proposals are compliant with the funders’ content, formatting, and regulatory requirements and limitations, as well as Internews’ policies.
- Analyses proposal budgets for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy.
- Communicates with funders regarding negotiation of award terms and conditions, award amendments, waivers, and approvals, as required.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed procurements for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy requirements, including cost reasonableness and allowability.
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves service contracts and amendments.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement records in Internews’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, including significant data entry responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement files in Internews’ digital auditable records, setting and managing access permissions.
- Provides expert guidance to program staff and operational departments on contract funding award compliance issues, communicating complex considerations, regulations, and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepares procurement documentation for audits.
- Serves as/supports point of contact for procurement audit issues.
- Other duties as assigned**.**
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable.
- Expertise in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR); expertise with Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) highly desirable.
- Experience with administrative systems of international Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable).
- Experience in administration of procurement of goods and services, including development and evaluation of RFPs/RFQs (helpful).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience.
How to apply:
Please submit application and documents at
Apply to Job