Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist Consultancy, Bangladesh
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
This is a consultancy engagement based in Bangladesh. Applicants must be Bangladeshi citizens or have authorization to work in Bangladesh. GFC will not cover relocation costs or the cost of living in Bangladesh.
Global Fund for Children partners to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued. We pursue this mission by investing in innovative, locally led organizations, helping them deepen their impact and build their capacity for social change. To further advance and protect the rights of children and youth, GFC supports its partners to engage in grassroots advocacy initiatives to effect policy and social norm change from the local level. Since our founding nearly 25 years ago, GFC has invested nearly $40 million in over 600 grassroots organization around the world. Our work advances the rights of children and youth across four focus areas: education; gender equity; youth empowerment; and freedom from violence and exploitation.
GFC’s presence in Bangladesh, and our commitment to ourselves and our partners to strengthen the capacity of grassroots organizations in programmatic outcomes and organizational development, has allowed us to create a unique position to strengthen grantee partner knowledge, networks and programmatic impact as it pertains to child protection and anti-trafficking in Bangladesh.
We are seeking a Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist with a training and capacity development mindset to work with our cohort of anti-trafficking grantee partners, to strengthen their programmatic expertise and network while also identifying areas of programmatic growth in their field. The Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist will strengthen the network of new and current, partners in Bangladesh focused on child protection and anti-trafficking issues, linking and leveraging this group with relevant technical resources to ensure a strong GFC value-add to the cohort of anti-trafficking organizations. During this consultancy, the Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist will work closely with the regional team, particularly the Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist in India, and report to the Senior Program Director for Asia in Washington, D.C.
Programmatic Capacity Development:
- Build constructive and collegial relationships with grassroots partner leaders as the foundation for peer-to-peer capacity development and support, remembering always that GFC and grassroots organizations are equal partners;
- Use the Bangladesh Landscape Analysis (in process of being completed by October 15, 2020) and data to co-design programmatic outcomes; use the report as a guiding tool while liaising with partners and key stakeholders;
- Support the Asia team in identifying and onboarding 3 new grassroots organizations working to address trafficking based on the findings of the Landscape Analysis by December 2020;
- Co-design with partners, programmatic outcomes that measure interventions focused on changing knowledge, attitudes and practices around trafficking and hazardous child labor;
- Use field observations, content review, periodic site visits, and regular communication with partners, and partner feedback surveys, to collect data on partner progress against defined overarching indicators for the project;
- In coordination with Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist in India, facilitate spaces for cross-border dialogue among GFC partners in South Asia to encourage knowledge sharing and collective action to prevent and address trafficking;
- Assess effectiveness of partners programs through one-on-one discussions and using GFC’s capacity assessment tool as a starting point.
- Provide direct mentoring and coaching to partner leadership as needed and in alignment with personal expertise and experience;
- Share relevant technical and programmatic resources contacts, news and information with partners through regular email communication and newsletters;
- Ensure partners within the cohort are informed and equipped to meet grant monitoring and evaluation requirements, including internal GFC grant reporting and relevant institutional donor/project requirements. Provide direct assistance to partners who may need assistance to meet these requirements with the goal to strengthen partner capacities to engage with institutional donors;
Knowledge Sharing and Networks:
- Represent GFC on issue-specific affinity groups, coordinating networks and coalitions;
- Leverage personal expertise on national issues relevant to GFC’s strategy to support advocacy efforts and educate relevant external networks to support positive social change for children.
Communications and reporting
- Ensure timely and effective fulfillment of grant deliverables and reporting to donors
- Contribute brief, original content for program sections of GFC’s blog, website, annual report, and other communications materials, as well as for external publications.
- At least 7-10 years of experience working on anti-trafficking issues in Bangladesh;
- Master’s degree preferred in relevant academic fields such as social science, social work, or development;
- Experience working with children and youth issues, particularly issues affecting trafficking and gender based violence in Bangladesh;
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic, programmatic, and operational challenges that grassroots organizations face, particularly in their nascent and transitional stages of development;
- Existing bank of resources—tools, professional contacts, personal experience and knowledge—to support partners in facing and resolving organizational challenges;
- Proven skills in organizing and facilitating dynamic meetings and group learning opportunities with grassroots leaders;
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Ability to strategically assess key technical issues across the organization’s core thematic areas—education, gender equity, freedom from violence and exploitation, and youth empowerment;
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to work collaboratively with humility across multiple cultural contexts;
- Professional fluency in Bangla and English;
- Permission to reside and work in Bangladesh. This position is expected to be a local hire;
- Willing to travel within the country about 50% of the time;
- Motivated to grow in diverse environments with people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
This consultancy is for a two-year anti-trafficking project in Bangladesh. The compensation rate for this consultancy will be based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, and deliverables, but will not exceed $1500.00 USD per month.
How to apply:
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter inclusive of your daily rate requirements, and a resume or curriculum vitae in English to email@example.com with “Child Protection and Anti-Trafficking Specialist, Bangladesh” in the subject line.
Check us out at www.globalfundforchildren.org.
GFC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply to Job