Chief of Party - Honduras
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Creative Associates International is accepting applications for Chief of Party for the USAID-funded youth workforce development, employment and inclusion opportunity in Honduras. The Chief of Party provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project and is responsible for achieving project goals and objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Chief of Party reports to the Project Director based in Headquarters and supervises several project staff.
- Manage program performance and lead program activities in coordination with stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Manage technical and administrative staff.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction across technical and administrative areas.
- Coordinate with USAID, other stakeholders and implementing partners.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for this activity andwill serve as the primary authority for all decision making related to this activity.
- He/she will be the liaison with USAID/Honduras on management and technical matters. He/she will be responsible for the overall management and
implementation of the activity and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets
stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, and other implementing partners.
- The COP position requires political and business savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous private-sector firms and organizations, GOH institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- S/he will have demonstrated strong leadership, management, and technical skills as well as the ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 15 years of experience as a Chief of Party or relevant senior management roles in international development projects, preferably working with education and youth workforce development or similar programs in Latin America;
- Previous experience in the education or workforce sector in Latin America is preferred
- Master's degree in a field related to youth workforce development (economics, vocational-ed, international education, business, project management, or related field);
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects and strong knowledge of USAID regulations;
- Proven track record and experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of workforce development, education and systems improvement. Familiarity with entrepreneurship programming, particularly working with social entrepreneurs, is desired.
- Strong Private Sector Engagement, host government interaction experience;
- Demonstrated experience working on improving life and employability skills; strengthening local capacity to deliver training services; strengthening youth leadership and engagement and job insertion;
- At least five (5) years of experience working in Central America is preferred, prior work experience in Honduras is highly desired;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and networking abilities; and
- Oral and written proficiency in Spanish and English are required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Apply to Job