NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
ADPC is an autonomous intergovernmental organization with a vision to reduce disaster and climate risk impacts on communities and countries in Asia and the Pacific by working with governments, development partners, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, private sector, media, and other key stakeholders.
Established in 1986 as a technical capacity building center, ADPC has grown and diversified its expertise across social and physical sciences to support sustainable solutions for risk reduction across a broad range of specialist areas. With over 100 staff from 19 different nationalities and a wide range of professional expertise from atmospheric scientists to social scientists with experiences from all levels of engagement typically required for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Resilience (CR) in an effective manner. ADPC is a competent regional resource center and has seven thematic departments: ADPC Academy, Risk Governance, Climate Resilience, Urban Resilience, Health Risk Management, Preparedness for Response and Recovery, Geospatial Information. These are supported by Finance, Human Resources and Administration, and Strategic Planning departments. In addition to the departments, ADPC works on three cross-cutting themes: Gender and Diversity, Poverty and Livelihoods, and Regional and Transboundary Cooperation through permanent working committees.
ADPC Strategy 2020 guides the organization in providing comprehensive risk reduction support to countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. ADPC recognizes the importance of examining the linkages between disaster risk management, poverty reduction, gender equality, sustainability, rights-based approaches, climate change and regional cooperation.
For details please refer to ADPC website at http://www.adpc.net/
Finance Departmental Competency
Planning and Organization: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments. Adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Proactivity/Self-motivation: Keeps abreast of new developments by actively seeking to develop oneself professional and personally. Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement for more effective and efficient working environment. Create a learning culture.**
Analytical Problem-Solving Skill: Displays analytical thinking by identifying, defining and analyzing information, situations and problems. Arrives at viable solutions through a variety of approaches. Demonstrates critical thoughts, methodical review of implications, intuition and rational conclusions.
Result Orientation: Focuses on the delivery of agreed results through the effective management of internal and external resources to achieve results. Demonstrates a commitment to both personal and organizational excellence, with an emphasis on results.
Statement of Intent:
The Accounting Associate will primarily be responsible for processing payment, cash advance, liquidation of cash advance, and maintain accounting records and documents
The Accounting Associate will be based in Head Quarter in Bangkok, Thailand.
- University degree, preferable in accounting, business or related field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in finance and accounting with at least 1 year in an international non-profit or non-governmental organization
- Experience in computer skills especially in word-processing, spreadsheets, accounting software (preferable SUN systems) and database
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, respect the importance of other disciplines and keen to learn from and contribute to various disciplines. **
- Strong desire to learn; undertake new challenges;
- Self-confidence, commitment and willingness to work hard**
- Operate within all ADPC Guidelines & Procedures/ Policies;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Within delegated authority, the Accounting Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Process payment to vendor, supplier, consultant, partner, service provider and etc.
- Process cash advance for travel and activity including advance to ADPC Sub-centers
- Check liquidation of cash advance ensuring all the supporting documents are in order and expenditures are in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare accounting voucher (CV, JV) ensuring the accuracy of the amount, account code, budget code and other relevant information before uploading to the accounting system
- Calculate withholding tax on payment to vendor, supplier, consultant, as applicable, as per Thai Revenue Codes
- Maintain and file accounting vouchers and supporting document on a chronological order
- Review and monitor outstanding cash advances, including advances to sub-center on a monthly basis
- Issue invoice; review and follow up long outstanding invoices on a monthly basis
- Closely coordinate with operational staff; answering queries on Daily Subsistence Allowance, exchange rates and travel related policies and procedures
- Other related duties as assigned by Finance Manager from time to time
The Accounting Associate will report to the Finance Manager.
The contract duration will be for 2 years with possibility of extension.
How to apply:
How to apply: Interested Candidates can submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net), resume, copy of degrees/certificate(s) together with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 October 2020, Bangkok time.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
ADPC encourage diversity in its workplace and support an inclusive work environment.
Note: Applicant who submits incomplete documents required as listed above will not be considered.
Apply to Job