Trainer – Gender Expert
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
PROJECT: Workshop and training on gender inclusive peacebuilding in Burundi
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the UN) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion. For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
Interpeace has been requested by its donors to engage more deeply in gender inclusive peacebuilding in its Burundi Programming. Thus, a consultant Gender Expert is to be engaged to design, implement and report on a gender workshop to be held in Burundi the last weeks of April 2020.
Service or Assignment Description and Objective(s)
GENDER EXPERT CONSULTANT
Scope of work
The Gender Expert Consultant will undertake the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Engage with Interpeace staff on the expectations of a gender inclusive peacebuilding workshop relevant to the Burundian context;
- Conduct 4-day workshop to be held in Bujumbura, Burundi;
- Conduct 1-day strategy workshop in Bujumbura, Burundi;
- Prepare a final report with concrete recommendation to be taken under advisement by Interpeace and its Burundian partners;
- Develop a Burundi Gender strategy based upon the workshop in collaboration with Interpeace and its partners.
Due to travel restrictions and safety considerations in relation to COVID-19, the Consultant’s travel to Burundi (and Kenya if required) shall take place once restrictions are lifted, in line with Interpeace’s travel policy in relation to COVID, and upon agreement with the Project Manager of a suitable travel date. This may impact the timeline of the deliverables for the consultancy. Interpeace and the Consultant will undertake to communicate on any changes of status throughout the duration of the consultancy in an effort to mitigate risk.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Work experience on gender inclusive approaches in Burundi
- Previous demonstrated experience within the INGO and/or IGO sector
- Strong knowledge of gender inclusive approaches in the areas of development, peacebuilding or related disciplines
- Fluency in English and French
How to apply:
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit a complete curriculum vitae and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Gender Expert – Burundi**”** MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered.
- Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit the Interpeace websiteinterpeace.org.
- The deadline to apply is 6 October 2020.
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and aims at achieving greater gender parity in all levels of its work. We welcome applications from women and men, including those with disabilities.
Apply to Job