Technical Proposal Writers (Armenia project)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Near East Foundation
Assignment: Technical Proposal Writers (Armenia project)
Category: Consultant – Mid or Senior-level, Short-term
Timing: Assignment is estimated to occur between October 1 and November 30, 2020
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking applicants for up to two (2) experienced, short-term Technical Proposal Writer consultancies. Successful applicants will possess a track record of writing winning proposals to USAID and/or similar USG or international funders in the areas of Civil Society Capacity Building, Youth Civic Engagement, and/or Inclusive & Sustainable Economic Growth. A strong background or working knowledge of the Armenian context is preferred. Technical Proposal Writers will work with our program and field teams to lead in writing technical proposals on a short-term, limited basis. This is a remote-based consultancy position.
For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build a more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through economic development and governance initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three core program areas: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-Resilient Development, and Stabilization and Peacebuilding.
· Serve as the lead writer in developing proposal content for NEF programs in Armenia related to this announcement in the above-mentioned areas;
· Ensure content is responsive to and compliant with the requirements outlined in the solicitation, scores well in terms of evaluation criteria, and incorporates winning themes and other strategies developed in consultation with the NEF HQ and field teams;
· Work with subject matter experts, including NEF field staff, to translate technical solutions, project design, and strategy into a clearly articulated, compelling, and compliant proposal documents.
Required Skills & Experience:**
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or relevant writing-intensive social science disciplines, e.g. Public Policy, International Affairs/Development (Master’s degree preferred)
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience contributing to project design and proposal development in the areas listed above: Civil Society Capacity Building, Youth Civic Engagement, and/or Inclusive & Sustainable Economic Growth
· Proven track record authoring successful proposals to USAID and other international funding agencies
· Strong conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise and compelling narratives
· Knowledge of competitive proposal processes and the role of lead proposal writer in those processes, including the ability to identify and articulate clear win themes and align language with donor priorities
· Strong organizational skills, including time management and task prioritization, adherence to tight deadlines, and the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
· Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer skills, including remote communication and collaboration platforms (e-mail, Skype, Teams)
· Superior written and oral fluency in English is required
· Excellent intercultural communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills & Experience:**
· Knowledge or expertise in Armenian development contexts, priorities, and challenges
· Knowledge and understanding of cross-cutting requirements in international development, including monitoring and evaluation, gender mainstreaming, technology and innovation, capacity building and training
· Experience preparing non-USAID funded (EU, UK donors) proposals
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting the following information on the Near East Foundation careers page: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=95
Daily rate (in USD)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Documents should be submitted no later than September 30, 2020.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
Apply to Job