Technical Project Manager - Digital
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Technical Project Manager - Digital
As part of Save the Children's global 2019-2021 strategic plan, the East and Southern Africa regional office has identified digital transformation as a critical issue for programming success and to achieve impact for children. Digital transformation in our programmes is one of nine priorities and the Kenya country office is becoming a centre of expertise within the organisation. As part of this priority, Save the Children contracted Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to develop a digital transformation toolkit and roadmap to implementation across the region over the next four years.
BCG has completed the toolkit, handed it over to the Kenya country office and region, and roll-out, adoption and expansion of digital programming is underway. The purpose of this position is to provide the capacity bridging between the Kenya country office experience and other country offices to use the toolkit, adopt digital solutions and document lessons learned.
This role will manage the delivery of the toolkit and implementation plan, alongside a Technology for Development Specialist, and under the responsibility of the Head of Digital Transformation.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Degree qualified (preferably Masters) in a technical field (e.g. science or engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in technical project management in a global, cross-cultural environment with remote teams
- In-depth experience of running large, international projects with high degrees of complexity.
- Experience of programmes and project implementation in a country office and core processes (project, awards, finance, supply chain) management, including in insecure, fragile and/or emergency contexts.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully.
- Excellent business partnering, communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience with digital solutions for programming.
- Thorough - high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work. Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including child safeguarding.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex projects in diverse thematic areas.
- Experience in working in international settings/contexts.
- First-hand knowledge of Save the Children operations at Centre, Regional Office or Country Office level is advantageous
- Experience in designing business processes would be an advantage
Contract duration: 12 months, with potential to extend
**SCI Operates in 12 Countries within East and Southern Africa ie ( Zimbabwe ,Zambia ,Kenya ,Somalia ,Tanzania ,Ethiopia ,Sudan ,South Sudan ,Sudan ,Uganda , Mozambique , Rwanda )
Please note that this role will be hired under National Terms and Conditions and will be based in respective ESA country ****
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Apply to Job