SVN PW 2020 09 023___ Administrative & Finance Assistant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of Administrative and Finance Officer in Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing general and specific administrative support to IOM Koror, Republic of Palau Sub-office activities.- **
Core Functions / Responsibilities: **
Serves as focal person for coordination of the day-to-day administrative and financial needs of Palau sub-office
Prepares request for payment (RFP) and ensure that:
a) Claims are valid (services are rendered, or supplies are delivered);
b) Supporting documents are complete; and
c) Approvals/authorizations for payment are obtained.
Prepares and maintain cash balance reports for petty cash and cash in bank accounts. Ensure that filings of documents are in proper order.
Calculates/forecasts weekly/monthly funding requirements.
Calculates the settlement of travel expense claims in the sub-office.
Monitors the movements of IOM assets and ensure proper documentation is kept. Maintain an up-to-date asset inventory.
Respond to inquiries and draft correspondence on a variety of administrative and finance matters.
Provide guidance and advice to staff in the sub-office on administrative and
financial guidelines and procedures.
Suggest improvements to internal controls; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office.
Work in compliance of IOM's policies and procedures including prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and promotion of a respectful work environment.
Performs such other duties as may be assigned
· University degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in accounting, management, finance, economics or other related fields with three years of work experience; or
· Completed Secondary Education with five years of work experience
Experience and Skills
· Familiarity with financial oversight and administration
· Experience with computerized accounting systems and software, especially in SAP/PRISM is a strong advantage
· Experience working in an international organization, embassy on non-governmental organizations is an advantage
· Knowledge in financial rules and regulations
· High level of computer literacy
· Good organizational skills and communication skills
Fluency in English (Oral and Written is required). Working knowledge of any Micronesian language desirable
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRmicronesia@iom.int indicating position number on subject line by 06 October 2020.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, curriculum vitae highlighting the required education and experience, school credentials and the names and contact details of 3 references and addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN PW 2020 09 023 - Administrative and Finance Assistant, Palau.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.09.2020 to 06.10.2020
Apply to Job