Senior Manager Programs- Iraq Nationals Only
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Title: Senior Manager Programs
Reports to: Country Director
Key relationships: Senior Manager Operations, Syria Field Manager, Headquarters Grants Manager, KRI Operations Coordinator, UN Health Cluster, Partner NGOs/CBOs
Summary of the position
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for leading and ensuring quality design, monitoring, evaluation, proposal development and reporting efforts.
Education and experience
Minimum 4-6 years experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating programs and grant development and management. Minimum 4 years experience working with major donors such as: USAID, EU/ECHO, DFID, UN Agencies, and others in KRI, Iraq, and Northeast Syria
Design, monitoring and evaluation
· Lead assessment planning. Determine what data is required, review existing data, determine what new data is needed and identify best methodology to secure the data. Analyze data and apply it to design.
· Lead project design efforts. Design should be based on evidence of best practice, context assessment and SAMS experience. Ensure SMART design.
· Guide monitoring efforts. Ensure data is collected, analyzed and fed back to improve implementation.
· Support efforts to evaluate if projects meet the planned outcomes.
· Ensure compliance on planning and reporting requirements put forward by SAMS donors
· Develop new partnerships and joint programming initiatives by working with the relevant local stakeholders
· Support strategic partnerships with United Nations agencies and non state actors (NSAs) active in the philanthropic sectors
· Build strong relationships with government, NGOs, international organizations, donors and relevant private sector organizations in order to secure their support for increasing and diversifying the funding base of SAMS programs stakeholders.
· Analyze and advise SAMS HQ and field office staff on health priorities according to international donors such as: OCHA, IHF, USAID, GIZ, and European governments
· Act as the main point of contact regarding grants with donor field offices.
· Conduct regular coordination meetings with donor field offices and report information to HQ.
· Lead coordination of business development efforts (positioning, proposal development, etc.) for KRI, Federal Iraq, and Northeast Syria
· Lead the development of all grant reports, narrative and financial and share with headquarters Grant Department
· Assist headquarters with anti-terrorist checks – vendor information – before payments are made.
· Ensure that SAMS’s staff inside Syria and warehouse staff are adhering to compliance regulations. Bring any concerns regarding violations of compliance to the program director and to the director of Turkey office.
· Ensure and track grants spending on monthly basis from all donors
· Hold a weekly meeting to review grants status with headquarters program team.
· Represent SAMS in all relevant fora in relation to the position duties, e.g. Government of KRI and Federal Iraq, NGOs, donors.
· Liaise with partners on local authorities and representatives in Northeast Syria
· Attend UN agency working group meetings and conferences
· Contacts in the Iraq government (Federal and KRI), WHO, and local Directorates of Health preferred
· Develop performance objectives for each staff. Evaluate staff on a semi-annual basis.
· Develop professional development plans for direct reports.
· Build an effective team approach ensuring direct reports are working together effectively.
· Hold weekly team meetings with direct reports for planning purposes, information sharing and problem solving.
· Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to Job