PSS /Case Worker
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Sened is an independent non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2013 and registered in Turkey with the number 27-15-175. Sened was established by a group of humanitarian and social activists in responding to the Syrians suffer since 2011.
Sened has become specialized in working with and supporting people with disabilities since 2015 due to the realization of the tremendous tragedy that people with disabilities live in Syria through periodic visits to their places.
We are working on empowering those vulnerable people through providing capacity building and life skills training, psychosocial support, educational and vocational qualifying, providing supporting equipment, supporting their families, building the capacity of people who deal with them and conducting researches that contribute to advocating their cause and reintegrate them in the community. Additionally, we are not working just to integrate them in the community but also to provide them with decent life conditions along with their families.
• The PSS case worker will be in charge of conducting periodic assessments with PWDs and to continuously understand activities that are relevant and motivate PWDs.
• worker will plan and organize daily and weekly plans for PSS, educational, and recreational activities for PWDs.
• Ensure daily reporting of attendance per activity and ensure that the data collected is accurate
• Lead basic recreational activities for PWDs based on schedule
• Conduct outreach activities and keep ongoing communication with the Caregivers, providing up to date information on available services;
• Prepare weekly work plan and organize his/her schedule in order to complete tasks in an appropriate manner.
• Assist the psychologist in implementing caregivers’ engagement sessions.
• Perform any other tasks related to the program when required.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Minimum university degree or master's degree in psychology, psychological counseling or education
• Special and preference for those who have undergone training in working with people with special needs.
• Two or more years of experience working in a civil society organization in the field of mental health and support Psychological or psychological counseling or special education.
• Experience in providing psychosocial support sessions and counseling to children with special needs and their families.
• Commitment and adherence to the ethics of work in the humanitarian field and the principles of confidentiality and protection.
• Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and Turkish (English is an asset).
How to apply:
If you believe that your qualification meets the requirements of this position, we highly encourage you to apply using the below link
Apply to Job