Pre-Qualification of Suppliers Consultant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) - Kenya Office
Job title: Pre – qualification of Suppliers Consultant (1 Position)- Kenyan Nationals Only
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 7 days
Reporting to: Procurement Committee Chair
HIAS is an international nonprofit organization with a vision for a world in which refugees, displaced persons and asylum seekers find welcome, safety and freedom. HIAS operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through protection, resilience, economic inclusion and provision of durable solutions.
Reporting to Chair of Procurement Committee, the Prequalification Consultant will be responsible for coordination and reporting of opening of prequalification of suppliers’ documents for provision of goods and services to HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) for the period 2021-2023. The Consultant will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in prequalification processes as well as adherence to policies, ethics, procedures and controls.
Pre - qualification Objectives
The main objective is to qualify suppliers to supply goods and services under the relevant tenders/quotations and Proposals as and when required during the period January 2021– December 2023
Scope of work:
HRTK wishes to engage an eligible consultant in the establishment of prequalified supplier’s data base of goods and services on behalf of the HRTK. Specifically, the consultant will:
(i). Review the pre-qualification documents as per HRTK categories of goods and services
(ii). Reconcile applications submitted with payments received
(iii).Supervise the opening of tender documents and marking of the pre-qualification documents, set deadlines and responsibilities
(iv). Evaluate and analyse applications submitted as per criteria set (to determine Supplier’s willingness to comply with HRTK’s terms and conditions)
(v). In conjunction with HRTK procurement committee members, conduct a physical and phone verification exercise of the vendors that pass the pre-qualification before contracting
(vi). Prepare a technical prequalification report and create a suppliers’ data base as per HRTK products/services categories that shall contain a minimum of supplier’s name, physical address, telephone number, email and name of contact person(s).
(vii). Come up with recommendations for adoption; advise and come up with allowable procurement practice to seal any gap that may arise from the pre-qualification exercise i.e. categories that might not have any applicant or receive less than three applications
This consultancy is time based. Pre-qualification applications opening, evaluation and reporting shall take place from 12th October to 19th October 2020.
Qualifications and Competencies
The position requires the following experiences and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field e.g. procurement/supplies management, Finance or business. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in procurement/supply chain.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands, inquiries, and strong problem-solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally and externally); provide sound business judgment and contractual oversight.
How to Apply
The consultant is requested to apply for this assignment by submitting a concise proposal that includes:
a) Technical proposal:
• Presentation by the applicant, showing evidence of expertise in Supply Chain Management (Qualifications in Supply Chain Management (SCM), Consultant in Supply Chain Management)
• A detailed methodology to be used to carry out the assignment and roles of each member of the consultancy team
• Detailed work plan
• CVs of the consultant/team to carry out the assignment
• Copy of applicant/company registration certificate, PIN and tax compliance certificate
• Contacts for Reference from at least 3 clients of previous similar work experience covering the period from June 2017 to June 2020
b) Financial proposal:
• Detailed financial proposal (charges) in line with the work plan and deliverables price to be inclusive of VAT.**
How to apply:
The bid documents should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Vacancy Number: HRTK/PQSC/09/2020 on the subject line.
Deadline for Receiving Applications: 30th September 2020 at 5:00PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered. HRTK is an equal opportunity employer.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.
Apply to Job