Field Finance Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ».
HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Founded in 1982, HI has set up development programmes in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today HI budget is around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
For more information, please visit: www.hi.org
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 4 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Seven years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of health and psychosocial support care and psychosocial support. In hard-to-reach areas and/or areas of new displacement, local populations and IDPs are in need of emergency assistance in terms of food, household essential items, and other basic needs. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
HI is managing a large humanitarian program from three different hubs (Beirut, North and Northeast), along the main pillars:
HEALH: Provision of comprehensive psychosocial support services (psychosocial support, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) either directly either in support to health partners (hospitals, care houses, psychosocial support centers, local NGOs) through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment;
HMA: Mine Action programming:
• Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, explosive remnants of war and small arms light weapons) and urgent marking of hazardous areas;
• Clearance in order to release land and reduce risk for people most affected by anti-personnel mines. (only in Raqqa Base)
INCLUSION: Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response (with a special focus on inclusive health and inclusive livelihoods).
LIVELIHOOD: not yet implemented in NES but planned for the 2nd semester of 2020.
Besides these main pillars, HI implemented actively a COVID-19 response, directly and indirectly, using some existing funds that Syria mission shifted to this response and requesting for additional funds.
At first, the staff implementing the response are HI staff working initially on other projects (Suspended due to the COVID-19 crisis). HI hired some additional staff to be able to answer properly to the needs.
The actual intervention is on a mix of direct implementation and partnerships with local structures and organizations.
Description : Under the line management of the Area Coordinator, the Field Finance Coordinator will be part of the NES Coordination team based in Amuda and will have to provide support to Amuda base and to the bases (Hassake , Raqqa, DEIR-EZZOR,).
The field Finance Coordinator sets up efficient relationships with the bases, ensures a good coordination and develops the appropriate framework for finance. He/she shall be organized, flexible, mobile, support and efficiency oriented, and shall demonstrate capability building and communication skills as well as managerial skills.
• As SMT member, participate to the strategy of the Hub
• Maintain and develop the Finance organisation and operating framework of the hub
• Ensure the good use of funds according to HI and donor guidelines
• Participate to the Proposal development and reporting
• Ensure the Financial Plan for the Hub is up to date
• Centralize the accountancy, control all the budget affectation end ensure financial follow up of programs of the hub
• Provide specific support to the 3 field bases for financial and accounting issues and questions
• Provide regular supervison, coaching, and on the job training to the finance team
• Providing the coordination with all information required
The Field Finance Coordinator will also be the main interlocutor for Coordination (based in Amman - Jordan) for all questions related to Accoutancy, cash-flow, budget, budget follow-up, and will support the Finance Coordination on budget development and donor reports for NES Hub.
According to the position, the Field Finance Coordinator must keep all the data confidential, ensure that his/her team will also keep all data confidential and share it only with the relevant persons.
Responsibility 1: Accountancy & cash flow Management
• Supervise the Finance team for cash-flow management: verification and consolidation of cash needs
• Ensure the understanding and implementation of HI procedures and mission internal process on each hub (cash-flow process management, commitment of expenditures…)
• Participate to the dissemination, understanding and application of the commitment of expenditures
• Supervise the Finance Manager, Finance Officers, for Accounting management: supervise the consolidation of accountancy from the bases and its correction, ensure monthly and yearly closure in the respect of the finance department calendar, provide regular and comprehensive feedbacks to hubs, ensure improvement of the quality of the accountancy
• Ensure that the cash forecasts and cash requests are completed properly and in a timely manner
• Act as technical referent with each base for all issues faced on Navision and all questions related to Accountancy and/or budget allocation;
• Act as focal point between coordination and bases, and make sure communication is fluid without any loss of information;
Responsibility 2: Financial Management
• Update the Hub financial plan on a regular bases, following the planning reviews and to make sure ti is in line with the Hub strategy
• Ensure proper follow up the financial plan for NES Hub: followed by the teams, and any operational change is communicated and reflected in the financial plan, after written approval
• Together with the finance coordinator and Area Coordinator, study and apply each donor’s financial guidelines; provide necessary information to bases;
• Prepare hubs draft budgets for new activities, in coordination with senior managers in the operations and logistics departments.
• Participate to the reporting to donors
• Ensure the sound financial management of ours partners (when in place)
Responsibility 3: Budget management and follow-up
• Accountable for NES hub monthly update of OFU tool by Budget Holders, and monthly OFY meeting between Finance and Budget Holders
• Responsible to organize monthly BFU meetings at Hub level (following the split of BFU) and responsible to send comprehensive minutes of meeting.
• Ensure that Budget Holders are properly trained on OFU and do understand the BFU.
• Accountable for NES hub regular update of BFUs for all grants tool by Budget Holders
• Report any discrepancies or issues that cannot be solved at the Hub level to the Finance Co / Area Co, and propose solutions
• Collaborate with HR and Logistics department to make sure the TAFF Nat & TAFF vehicles are available and updated on a regular basis.
• Give accurate answer on budget issues (Budget lines, Balance, extension…);
Responsibility 4: Partners Budget Monitoring & Compliance (when applicable)
• Support NES hub/bases:
o For the assessment of the partner
o For the design of budget per Partner at the beginning of each Phase
o For the elaboration of Partners Budget Follow Up (BFU) tool and follow-up the monthly update (expenses, commitments, forecasts);
o For the development of smooth and efficient relationship with each Partner’s finance focal point (training & capacity building, provision of tools, problem solving…);
• Ensure all financial procedures designed for Partners are known, understood and well implemented
• Support NES bases for consolidating partners financial data, and monitoring the level of consumption
• Lead the reporting process, for intermediary and final reports
Responsibility 5: Support to field finance staff
Support the field Admin Managers in the fulfillment of their duties
Report to your line manager problems and/or concerns on technical issues;
Propose, update and supervise the information flow between Coordination office and field offices on your field of expertise
Regularly organize visits to field offices
Organize technical workshops in your field of expertise with relevant staff (Accountancy and Finance)
Support the field finance managers in the capacity building of the staff under their supervision.
Support the implementation of the Commitment of expenditures and the Rolling forecasts project (end of 2020 – 2021)
Responsibility 6: Team Management
Ensure application and respect of the Internal Regulation by your team member
Support and advise your team in the implementation of their IAP and ensure regular reviews
Ensure regular team meetings to facilitate a good communication / coordination / information sharing
Ensure that the performance appraisal is well implemented ad follow up the professional evolution of each member of your staff, as well as recruitments
Mitigate any conflict resolution within your team and inform the head of mission;
Responsibility 7: Coordination
Participate to the monthly situation report (SITREP);
SMT team member
Focal point for Finance with Iraq mission
Supervision of audits requirements with the finance manager
Provide regular reporting on your activities to the Area Coordinator upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.);
Write a mission report and/or handover document at the end of your contract;
Profile : *University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proven knowledge of financial management of grants from major institutional donors
- Knowledge of financing mechanisms - contracts and grants and their relevant terms and conditions
- Proven ability to support, coach and encourage high performance in teams
- At least 4 years of experience as Admin and/or Finance Manager / Coordinator in a professional organization (private, public and/or non-for-profit sector);
- At least 2 years of experience in the humanitarian sector overseas;
- Proven experience in coordination;
- Proven training and local capacity building experience
- Strong utilization of Excel (Level 3 or 4 minimum)
- Master MS office
- Capacity building and training skills
Conditions: Starting date : November 2020 * Length of the contract: 12 months * Employee status, according to experience : * Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate * Perdiem : 561.14€ net/month * Hardship allowance: 500€ net/month * Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation * Paid holiday : 25 days per year * R&R : 7 days every 8 weeks in NES * Status : unaccompanied/couple/family position * Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
How to apply:
Apply to Job