Bookkeeper (maternity cover) | Turkey | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a bookkeeper to provide effective support to the finance team. The bookkeeper is responsible for assisting the finance manager in planning, managing and implementing all aspects of the project accounting system and for maintaining an accounting database. In addition, this staff is responsible for collecting and recording all information that will facilitate information exchange and dissemination of project financial documentation and records to the International Sustainability and Development (ISD) home office. This short-term, full-time position is available from 1 October 2020 and is expected to last until 1 February 2021. Compensation will be negotiated with ISD and will be based on the employee’s demonstrated salary history, professional experience, education and training, and market factors. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Receive invoices from vendors and manage and ensure timely payment by the project
- Prepare documentation for all payment transactions, including but not limited to vouchers, checks, and transfer forms
- Ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained
- Maintain the project’s accounting files system, ensuring all vouchers are in order, completed properly and have bank slips/copy of checks attached
- Support monthly petty cash transaction reconciliation
- Inform appropriate staff of invoice payments
- Maintain the tax files for the project, recorded and paid in timely manner
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing payroll for all local staff
- Explain generally accepted accounting principles and ISD regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in Turkey, preferably in the project area, is required
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with overall procurement protocols and best practices, including Turkish norms
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message
- Ability to effectively use computer software including word processing and basic spreadsheet applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English and Turkish required. Additional proficiency in Arabic preferred but not required
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Bookkeeper” in the subject line to Recruitment@manahel.org by September 30, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. ISD will contact finalists.
ISD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
ISD values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job