NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Awards Manager (AM) is responsible for delivering an efficient and effective award management function. S/he provides support to Project and Program Managers from start-up to close out. The AM is responsible for the administration of all contributions that SCI receives to deliver both its humanitarian and development projects for children including grants, contracts and GIK. S/he connects and coordinates roles and processes during the management of an award and plays a role in ensuring awards are well managed and donor compliance requirements are met. The AM provides direct support and information to field-based teams to deliver donor compliant awards with high quality and timely donor reports. The AM supports the development of the CO's best practices in award management systems and processes.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of a Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration or finance management or professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA etc or the equivalent accrued working experience in a related position.
- At least 6 years experience in grants management and relevant experience supervising community based social development projects with International NGO's particularly those addressing human/children's rights issue and those applying partnership approaches is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic and operational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team and with other teams.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity; ability to muti-task and deal with complexity.
- Full computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of critical responses.
Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 9th October 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply:
Apply to Job