NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Action Contre la Faim France
Closing date: 20 Jun 2017
We are looking for:
A NUTRITION FIELD MANAGER
Context: Yemen is one of the country with L3 emergencies in the world. The health and needs in the country are very high and the context is very challenging in regards to access to the communities. Recent WHO report shows only half of the health facilities are functional and providing primary health care services with significant shortage of medicine and supplies (only 30% of needed drugs & supplies are coming to th country) in Yemen (Nov 2016). Prevalence of diarrhea was found to be ranging from 35%-45% (SMART surveys 2015-16) in Hodeidah and Hajjah Governorate while difficulties in breathing were found to be more than 50%; measles 5-10% including ongoing cholera outbreaks. The current burden urges international partners to engage in the provision of primary health care services alongside Government health facilities to reach out the affected population mostly in out of reach areas. ACF has been providing integrated life saving IMCI, ANC/PNC services along with treatment of acutely malnourished children in Hodeidah, Hajjah governorate through nutrition and health mobile teams with support from ECHO, SIDA and UNICEF. In Hodeidah, ACF is running projects delivering health and nutrition services with support from ECHO, SIDA, and DFID. In 2017, ACF has significatnly focussed to align health interventions within the nutrition programs leading to scale up of life saving health interventions for sick children, pregnant and lactating women. ACF's health teams, working under Nut & Health Head of Department, comprised of Deputy HoD-Health, medical doctors, Nut & Health program managers, Deputy PM-Health, Nurses and midwives. Due to the significant scale up of health operations and diversed health context, ACF Yemen mission is aiming to enhance internal technical capacity of the current and newly recruited teams for provision of quality health services and be prepared for responding to the emerging health needs in country. Therefore, the health expert is expected to support Head of department in harmonizing the technical aproaches and protocols for the mission, developing implementation tools, technical skills of the teams and coach them on their roles and responsibilities.
Saana Base : Saana has 8-10 expatriates working at coordination level including technical and support department under the supervision of CD and DCD, with a tremendous team spirit and motivation. Security situation in Saana remained under close observation with access to other agencies including meetings but limited access to super markets.
Hodeidah Base : ACF base Hodeidah has a team of 4-5 expatriates staff working under the supervision of Field Coordinator. Security situation is stressed with sporadic air strikes and usually is under continous evaluation & monitoring which limits the social aspects of regular living i.e. limited personal movement outside office/guesthouse, meeting friends after office, shopping etc. Therefore, the applicant must have willingness to work in such security context with minimized social aspects of living.
Country: YEMEN - Hodeidah
Length of Contract: 6 Months starting the 15th of June
The Position: Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you will be responsible to ensure the high quality implementation of Hodeidah base nutrition project in Hodeidah Governorate in conformity with overarching strategy and the standards set internationally, by ACF and by national policies. More precisely, you will in charge to:**
Contribute in strategic planning and the positioning of ACF in Hodeidah
- Monitor and analyze key ACF indicators in the field of intervention
- Integrate this analysis and the follow up in the APR on a monthly basis as well as within capitalization reports
- Identify the presence and the strategic orientations of other partners in the field
- Take part in the annual strategic review of the mission
- Gather, analyze and share relevant information in the context of technical and operational strategy meetings
Identify needs and contribute to projects elaboration
- Carry out need assessment missions and collect secondary data and information supplied
- Analyze the results of need assessments and write up analysis reports
- Put forward recommendations for the definition and elaboration of programs
- Contribute to proposals for intervention in collaboration with the departments concerned
Projects planning and monitoring
- Supports projects managers in setting-up of tools for monitoring and ensure budget follow up
- Ensures the overall monitoring of the projects
- Analyse the programs’ activities and results and proposes improvements and modifications
- Provides technical support to the field teams and technical updates when appropriate and possible
Contribute to the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of programs
- Implement the recommendations made as a result of internal and external assessments
- Respond to the target population within the framework of the complaints procedure
- Initiate any relevant survey at required time of the different programs
Ensure appropriate Coordination and partnership relationship:
- Coordinate with technical departments for technical support, technical visits to the projects
- Participate in the base coordination meetings and support the projects teams to identify the support required
- Communicates with the logistics and administration departments in order to have appropriate follow up of respective departments (supply requests, stocks, etc. and budget and expense follow ups)
- Coordinate with other actors including NGO, UN and government present in the projects implementation areas
- Validates Protocols and MoU’s with authorities, partners and other organizations
- Represent ACF in various forum together with field co when linked with the projects at provincial level.
Management of projects team
- Prepare individual action plan together with the staff directly supervised and follow up on progress
- If necessary, identify the training needs and train (or organize training) the team
- Ensure all the recruitment processes conducted as per the procedures
- Support Program Managers for Human Resource issues / litigations to ensure they are followed up well
Ensure reporting and contribute to capitalization and advocacy
- Ensure program reporting through monthly activity reports
- Ensure appropriate follow in evolution/changes within approaches implemented and feed advocacy purposes
- Support the development of a multi-sectorial ACF advocacy strategy and its implementation at provincial level
- Write a handover report at the end of the mission.
The Applicant: You hold a Master degree in Nutrition Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with 3 years minimum of professional experience in a similar or comparable position. You are recognized for your technical expertise in nutrition & health programming and experience in project cycle management in humanitarian context with the involvement of local communities.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills are required thus team management experience.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written). Arab speaking skills will be an asset.
Status: Gross monthly salary ranging from €1600 to €1975**
Specific Allowance (12% Gross Salary) is granted for this position
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website:
Follow our job offers and join us on Facebook: http://ift.tt/1v6PSHd