NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 29 May 2017
We are looking for an experienced and decisive individual to join us as Global Quality Assurance Advisor. You will design and deliver a fit-for-purpose solution to assure the quality of healthcare commodities sourced for our Global Health & Nutrition Programmes.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Humanitarian department integrates emergency and development work, through our country programmes. It increases our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Global Quality Assurance Advisor you will have a rare opportunity to shape the development of a pharmaceutical Quality Management System in a multi-national organisation, directly and positively impacting the lives and wellbeing of children across the world. You will establish a knowledge management framework that effectively communicates pharmaceutical Quality Assurance information to key stakeholders. In addition you will:
- Support the creation and implementation of a Pharmaceutical Quality Management System that complies with internal, donor and national regulations
- Provide technical expertise in the evaluation, selection and management of potential pharmaceutical suppliers or third-party QMS providers
- Help build organisational QMS capacity through supporting initiatives in training, awareness and cultural change
- Support the creation of a robust and responsive Risk Management system, as well as improving education and awareness of its implementation.
To be successful you will hold a degree in a relevant discipline and have experience in building, implementing and managing pharmaceutical Quality Management Systems. As well as strong and constructive communication skills, you will have a notable ability to develop strong professional relationships and excellent self-discipline and attention to detail. In addition you will have:
- Working knowledge of global pharmaceutical and nutritional markets and supply chains
- An in-depth understanding of international Regulatory Systems of pharmaceutical and nutritional products
- Excellent decision-making and planning skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A positive, collaborative and decisive personality with a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- A willingness to travel, occasionally at short notice and/or to insecure locations.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 29th May 2017
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website via the link below: