NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Relief International
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America
Closing date: 19 Jun 2017
Position: Consultant - Cash Programming Adviser
Location: London, UK, New York, NY, Washington DC, USA, or Home Based with significant travel (at least 50%) to locations globally, potentially including remote and insecure locations
Reports to: Global Humanitarian Director
Length of Contract: 3.5 months
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian and development organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world's most vulnerable populations living in fragile settings. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development
The Cash Programming Adviser (CPA) Consultant will take a leading role in the rollout and institutionalization of market and systems-based response analysis and multi-sector Cash Transfer Programming approaches, tools procedures within RI. He / she will lead and support RI in its efforts to increase its global cash programming capacity and portfolio size. A large part of this will be providing hands on technical and capacity building support in the field.
Under the management of the Global Humanitarian Director (GHD) and in close coordination with Program Development and Technical Assistance Department colleagues, the Cash Program Adviser (CPA) will be responsible for providing day-to-day program support and advice to Relief International country offices and cash-related programs globally. The CPA will be required to deploy to the field to lead on and support field teams in capacity-building efforts, and may be asked to lead or advise on cash programs as well as emergency and program mobilization efforts more generally. The CPA will also take a leading role in program development and proposal writing / preparation, particularly in relation to cash programs. In addition, the CPA may be asked to support the Humanitarian Director with the CTP institutionalization initiative at the global level, supporting the integration of CTP standards and processes into wider organizational policies and practice.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide leading technical and operational assistance and support in design, mobilization, implementation and review of country cash-transfer programming. This will often involve hands-on field support visits and drafting and reviewing grant / project proposals.
- Become familiar with RI centrally available organizational resources and tools on cash transfer programming, update tools with industry best practice as required, and advise country teams, and global / regional support staff, on most appropriate tools to use at each stage of the program cycle as required
- Develop tailored CTP training modules and facilitator packages for program, operations and finance staff at different levels of the organization.
- Provide training and support to various stakeholders in RI, including field teams, regional and global program, operations and finance staff, as necessary
- Develop and roll out a simple country office “cash-preparedness” or “cash-readiness” assessment tool with accompanying guidance
Specific deliverables / milestones:
- At least 3 priority country offices receive in-person support visits involving: tailored training and support to programs, finance and operations staff; review of cash feasibility for all programs and geographical locations; program design and proposal development; vendor mapping and vetting / due diligence; drafting of SOPs; etc. A visit report and follow up action plan for each country will be required.
- Tailored training packages (modules and accompanying facilitator packages) are developed for programs, operations and finance staff at country, regional and GSO levels
- Cash-preparedness section of Cash Toolkit is developed and rolled out (tools and guidance), as part of field support visits.
- A modular “Country Office Review Guide” is developed based on the above.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field of study
- Minimum 8 years aid-related international NGO experience in fragile contexts
- Minimum 3 years in role in humanitarian program design and management
- Significant experience and a track record of success in design and delivery of high quality market-based humanitarian programs
- Significant prior experience in cash transfer programming in humanitarian and fragile contexts
- Ability to travel on short notice to fragile settings, for at least 50% of time
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in grant proposal preparation
- Extensive experience in training, capacity building and mentoring
- Experience of working within budget constraints
- Highly developed writing skills at programmatic level (assessment reports, proposals, guidance notes)
- Demonstrated knowledge of grantee regulations and implementation experience of USAID, DFID, UN, EU and other major donor-funded programs
- Previous background and/or experience in management of at least two of the following relevant technical sectors is preferred: health and nutrition services; water, sanitation and hygiene; shelter; food security and livelihood; education; protection
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task and provide a consistently high quality output / deliverables
- Flexible, cooperative, positive and pro-active attitude essential
- Ability to work effectively across diverse teams and departments
- Strong English language communication skills; Second global language an asset
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply:
Please visit: http://ift.tt/2qzM83X