NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 28 May 2017
As our proactive, assertive and confident Personal Assistant you will provide comprehensive administrative support for the Director, Deputy Director and senior members of our UK Programmes department.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children has worked in the UK for the last 90 years and as times grow tougher, the more our work is needed for children and their families. Our vision is a UK in which every child has a decent, happy childhood and the chance to achieve their potential. Every child has the right to a good start and a fair chance in life.
In this crucial role you will cover a wide range of administrative tasks which all contribute to the department’s success. As well as providing full administrative support to the Director of UK Programmes, you will support the effective functioning of the Leadership Team as well as ensuring robust systems are in place to facilitate effective delivery across the department. You will:
- Provide proactive support to the Director of UK Programmes, including diary management, full inbox management, drafting correspondence, and becoming an informed key contact within the department for all activity relating to the Director.
- Provide proactive diary management support to the Deputy Director and other senior members of the leadership team ensuring their time is managed efficiently and effectively
- Support on key departmental activities and in particular working closely with coordinators across the department and organisation
To be successful within this role you will be creative, energetic and well organised with the ability to manage a diverse workload and set of priorities to ensure deadlines are met to a consistently high standard. You will also:
- Have experience of providing high level EA support for multiple senior members including diary management and minute taking
- Be able to engage with team members in order to be supportive of colleagues and help build a team/collaborative atmosphere
- Have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade, motivate and negotiate effectively
- Have experience of handling high level internal and external stakeholders
- Have highly developed IT skills – particularly in Microsoft Office.
- A proven commitment to the voluntary sector would be an advantage.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
As we will be sifting throughout the advertising period, interviews may take place before the advertised closing date.
Closing date: 28th May
Interviews will take place w/c 29th May and 5th June
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website via the link below: