NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 07 Jun 2017
Please note that this position is subject to funding.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) is the only organisation that brings together professional societies of obstetricians and gynaecologists on a global basis. For over 60 years FIGO has collaborated with the world's top health and donor bodies. FIGO currently has Member Societies in 130 countries/territories. FIGO is dedicated to the improvement of women’s health and rights and to the reduction of disparities in healthcare available to women and newborns, as well as to advancing the science and practice of obstetrics and gynaecology. The organisation pursues its mission through advocacy, programmatic activities, capacity strengthening of Member Associations, education and training.
The PPIUD team sits within the projects department and is responsible for the implementation of a six-country initiative for the provision and institutionalisation of Post-partum IUD (PPIUD) services to promote birth spacing and address the unmet contraceptive need.
The initiative seeks to increase the capacity of health care professionals to offer PPIUDs; training community midwives, health workers, doctors and delivery unit staff and institutionalising the practice of counselling for the use of PPIUD during the antenatal period.
- Project implementation guidance and oversight of two or three countries with report to the Project Manager
- Regular coordination with the country teams including regular skype calls
- Undertaking regular management support visits to participating countries for project or finance management purposes
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of narrative and financial information from participating countries
- Assimilating and acting on information from country narrative reports, skype calls and correspondence
- Communicating with Harvard School of Public Health in relation to the impact of the PPIUD research arm on project implementation
Training and Capacity Building
- Working in close collaboration with the Project Manager and National Project Managers to develop country training schedules and materials
- Supporting the editing and updating of training materials
- Supporting the Project Manager and Directors to facilitate national level capacity building activities on providing postpartum IUD services
- Designing and conducting regular on the job training and occasionally workshops and coaching for country and FIGO HQ team members, either in-person or remotely via skype and email, on finance and project management skills.
- Providing support to National Project Managers in day to day implementation and management decisions
- Facilitating the procurement of essential medical equipment and training materials in conjunction with the countries
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
With support and guidance from M&E Expert and MEL Coordinator
- Acting on data findings to inform activities and strategy and using service data for improving performance in all countries
- Working with country teams to respond to data findings to inform implementation
Advocacy and Communications
- Encouraging country teams in their communication with key stakeholders so as to work towards sustainability and institutionalisation of PPIUD services
- Coordinating development of counselling and training materials with country teams
- Supporting continual needs assessment of materials by country including exploring possible use of technologies and facilitating sharing of materials.
In conjunction with PPIUD Project Finance Manager
- Financial guidance and oversight of two or three country teams with report to the Project Manager.
- Advising and training country teams in financial management including; best practices in finance reporting and budget monitoring
- Reviewing, monitoring, providing feedback and sign-off on quarterly financial reports from country teams
- Supporting the management of project budgets including; monitoring expenditure, preparation of reporting templates and accurate record keeping
- Detailed budget design and development in close collaboration with country teams and Project Manager
Reporting and Dissemination
- Responsible for writing financial narratives for donor report
- Commenting on progress against country work plans for donor report
- Providing support on the preparation of reports and updates to a range of stakeholders
- Supporting development of project proposals including narrative and budget development
- Organising travel logistics when necessary – booking flights, arranging visas etc.
- Preparing formal documentation for country teams – contracts, visa invitation letters etc.
- Taking minutes at meetings/during conference calls and circulating relevant materials in preparation and follow-up of meetings.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the main objectives of the role as assigned from time to time by the Project Manager.
- To adhere and comply with FIGO Policies and Procedures - To contribute to the work of the department and/or team and FIGO - To travel to / attend meetings and events (and represent FIGO at external meetings and events if required). - The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive or exclusive and the job holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the job.
How to apply:
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 7th June 2017.