NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 25 Jun 2017
Who we are:
Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in challenging, complex and fragile environments. We work to assist our clients in the international community and the global private sector to transform conflict and build stability, accountability and prosperity. We aim to help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and giving a voice to local people.
We deliver five key services: programme management and implementation / programme design, monitoring and evaluation / stakeholder engagement / capacity development / research and analysis.
Our services are underpinned by the principles on which the company was founded: an expert understanding of local context, ethical procurement and contracting, and a commitment to high quality work. Through our project delivery we fulfil our mission to build local skills and capacity by investing in sustained and equitable relationships with local partners.
Integrity employs a multinational team of project managers and implementers, thematic and regional experts, researchers, evaluators and analysts with years of experience delivering complex programmes in fragile geographies across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Further information about Integrity can be found at http://ift.tt/1o51Gbh.
Scope of work:
The Head of Business Development (HBD) is a senior management position within Integrity’s Business Directorate. The role offers an experienced development sector professional the chance to develop the Directorate at a strategic level, leading on execution of the global business development strategy and supporting the Directorate’s other key functions of account management, consultant management and marketing and communications. HBD also sits on Integrity’s Senior Management Committee, with group oversight of company direction, coordination and feedback to ensure effective strategic and operational management.
HBD will report directly to Integrity’s Director Business (DB) while managing relevant team members as required. The position is London-based with international travel.
Terms of Reference:
HBD is responsible for the execution of Integrity’s global business development strategy and management of key members of the business team. The role requires a mature yet creative and energetic individual with strong proposal-writing, negotiation and people skills. The right individual would combine the drive to compete for and win large-scale contracts with the emotional intelligence needed to build and lead a loyal and motivated team.
Working in close coordination with Director Business and Integrity’s wider team in the UK, Kenya, Lebanon and Turkey:
A. Business Development and Account Management (40%)
- Play a key role in the design and execution of a global business development strategy.
- Help hit company-wide financial targets by winning, negotiating and taking to contract the right mix of work opportunities.
- Ensure a technically relevant, financially attractive and secure pipeline of future work across a diverse range of clients, geographies, services and thematics.
- Develop and oversee best-of-sector proposal processes including pre-positioning, thought-leadership, client-outreach, competitor mapping, consortium selection, brand and messaging, technical and commercial submissions and project teaming.
- Lead and build capacity company-wide on commercial tenders and complex contractual negotiations with a multitude of clients including UK, US and/or EU government clients.
- Ensure an optimal transition of newly-won work to the programme delivery teams.
- Oversee lessons learning and failure / success analysis to evolve and improve our win rate and the technical and commercial suitability of our proposals.
- Oversee and evolve our global account management system and processes.
- Coordinate and improve company-wide account management. Manage key client accounts and relationships in London. Negotiate access to key consortia for new work and build the right consortia for contracts delivered by Integrity as Prime.
B. Consultant Management (20%)
- Oversee company-wide identification, recruitment and relationship-management of best-of-sector project consultants, including dynamic and responsive teaming processes on key proposals.
- Oversee company-wide uptake of our global consultant management system and processes, including consultant feedback and performance analysis.
- Oversee the development, capture and use of regional and national consultant databases.
- Develop and recruit the right consultant management team to take over these responsibilities.
C. Marketing and Communications (10%)
- Build a nuanced and evidenced company-wide understanding of our key sectors, including current and future technical, geographic, thematic and procurement trends.
- Oversee the development of directed and differentiated flow of external communications against key profile objectives and in keeping with our company brand and messaging.
- Oversee the development of key marketing materials reflecting our technical, geographic and thematic capabilities, offerings and achievements.
- Oversee the design and delivery of key Integrity events and participation in wider market events that catalyse and develop key client relationships and new work opportunities.
D. Internal Management and Coordination (20%)
- Manage the London-based business development team, and other team members as required.
- Participate in the company’s Senior Management Committee, which is responsible for company direction, coordination and feedback to ensure effective strategic and operational management.
E. Project Delivery (10%)
- Develop close working relationship with Directorate Services through selected delivery including Project Directorship on Framework agreements.
Education and Experience:
The candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of personnel management.
- Demonstrated experience generating new business in international development.
- Demonstrated experience winning and contracting £1m+ projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing a diverse client base and donor pipeline.
- Demonstrated experience working with international teams in different locations.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex commercial approaches and project budgets through the proposal and delivery cycle.
- Demonstrated experience leading on complex contractual negotiations with a multitude of clients including UK, US and/or EU government clients.
- Experience of contract delivery in international development, including project management and/or technical delivery.
The candidate will have:
- Sound financial fluency.
- A diplomatic and personable approach to developing and managing relationships and representing the Integrity brand.
- A trusting and empowering approach to mentoring and managing team members.
- A considered, methodical and intelligent approach to critically evaluating terms of reference and developing winning proposals.
- The vision, aptitude and energy to grow the role and the organisation, building opportunities for personal and corporate learning.
- A clear strategic outlook and an accompanying attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with flexibility, efficiency and good nature.
- An ethical approach, personal integrity and a strong sense of self.
- Fluent and articulate written and oral English.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at http://ift.tt/1LF5sDG and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Closing date for applications: 25 June 2017
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.