NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Syria Civil Defense
Closing date: 28 May 2017
* Reporting to: Support Director
* Responsible for: Logistics Officer - Procurement Officer - Warehouses
* Job Purpose:
The Supply Chain Manager is in charge of leading the development of the Programmes Logistics and procurement Strategy and ensure its timely implementation. Also will provide logistics guidance, advice, and support to field sites and the logistics staff. In addition will also ensure that SCD policies, procedures, systems, and guidelines are implemented.
* Duties & Responsibilities:
1- Lead all Procurement department tasks in a professional manner.
2- Assist in Analyzes and evaluates requisition forms to ensure purchases meet requirements of the SCD.
3- Communicates with vendors to interpret, clarify, inform and resolve procurement issues.
4- Prepare periodic reports for the purchasing process.
5- Prepare contractor and ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Takes necessary steps to resolve performance issues.
6- Assists employees in developing solicitation specifications, reviewing solicitation evaluations and editing these documents to ensure adherence to SCD procurement policy requirements.
7- Supervise Data entry for all procurement tendering and quotations.
8- Initiates and processes requests for quotations/proposals for Department purchases, researching, evaluating and making an appropriate selection of commodity or service classification from the prepared vendor list.
9- Assist in Conduct solicitation process to include pre-solicitation conferences with potential vendors to clarify bid specifications, openings to determine responses, evaluation of offers and recommendation, and selection and notification to chosen contractor.
10- Assist in evaluation of proposals by chairing evaluation committees and calculating weight factors for cost proposals.
11- Represents the SCD Purchasing meetings by attending periodically called meetings.
12- Clarify the SCD position and philosophy on purchase-related issues.
13- Communication with relevant departments on procurement status on daily and weekly bases.
14- Follow-up all logistics and related administrative issues of the SCD in Turkey and Syria Offices.
15- Manage all contracts, rent payments, utilities, and facilities.
16- Define/adapt and implement the logistic tools necessary for the achievement of the project’s specific objectives in close collaboration with partners.
17- Ensure proper management of all program assets in line with SCD policies and procedures.
18- Contribute to enhance knowledge and guarantee the respect procedures following donor’s guidelines and SCD internal policies.
19- Coordinate supply chain planning (plan, source, procure, transport, store, and dispatch), ensuring necessary authorizations are secured where required.
20- Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises, stocks etc.) and prepare periodic logistics reports to provide a holistic view to the Line Manager.
21- Follow-up all crossing borders process to ensure that SCD shipments crossed the border and received by Field team.
22- Leading the Establish and maintain efficient Warehouse Management at SCD managed facilities. This includes training of staff in proper procedures and setting up of the warehouse, ie. Stocktaking, stacking techniques, shelving, pest control etc.
23- Asset management, including control of asset requisition, movement, and upkeep of an assets list etc.
24- Participate in internal and external meetings if requested by the Line Manager.
25- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
* Minimum Requirements:
* Relevant university degree, business administration or supply chain management is preferred.
- 3 years of Logistic and procurement work experience in Humanitarian Organisation.- Management skills, including strong team building skills, leadership and problem-solving.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills.
- Good verbal and written in Arabic, English, Preferably Turkish.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Can work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
Legal Situation: The candidate should have a residence permit or work permit in Turkey.
Duty Station: The position will be based in Turkey "Gaziantep".
How to apply:
Submit a CV, cover letter in English to HR.Manager@syriacivildefence.org with the subject title “ Supply Chain Manager ”.
Please Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by us.