NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Closing date: 29 May 2017
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining all monitoring and evaluation systems and records to monitor, verify and document work contracted and completed. This person will report directly to the Chief of Party.
The Idarah Program is funded by multiple international donors and is implemented by an international organization who’s objective is to support and strengthen the operations and capacity building of Education Directorates.
- Review the project contract and other background documentation such as the client’s strategic objectives, results framework, M&E plan, and country strategy to understand how the project helps to achieve the client’s goals.
- Support the field team in refining the project’s results framework and participate in work planning sessions.
- Support the development of the project’s M&E plan by helping to identify indicators and complete indicator reference sheets.
- Ensure the project’s staff understands their roles and responsibilities in the collection of data for the monitoring and evaluation system.
- Hold a briefing session with project staff to ensure the M&E plan meets their requirements and the rationale for each indicator is clearly understood.
- Ensure that all Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), services agreements, or other contractual arrangements with partners stipulate their responsibilities for data collection and monitoring.
- Develop a M&E plan for each sub-grant activity that includes project-level indicators from the RMP and identifies additional indicators specific to the sub-grant activity. The sub-grant M&E plan should also include information on baselines, targets, frequency of data collection and identification of who is responsible for collection and reporting.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans, using data for strategic decision-making, and review the relevance of the Results Management Plan (RMP) against these work plans.
- Design and share databases and spreadsheets as well as formats for reporting information.
- Organize the collection of baseline data and the setting of targets.
- Organize the collection of data in accordance with the M&E plan.
- Supervise one M&E Assistant and train other project staff to help collect data.
- Ensure data quality and integrity by periodically conducting field visits and spot checks to verify data and investigate any data anomalies.
- Identify and track reliable secondary (external) sources of data.
- Conduct periodic training for project staff, stakeholders, and/or partners. Share information to help them monitor the progress of their work and use the data for strategic decision-making.
- Maintain the M&E system, periodically evaluate its effectiveness, and adjust as necessary to provide the project with accurate and useful data.
- Contribute to the development annual work plans and review the relevance of the M&E plan against these work plans.
- Compile and analyze relevant data on project indicators for contractual reports.
- Regularly communicate progress against targets to project staff.
- Collect and disseminate lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Three years of experience monitoring and evaluating the delivery of project activities, to determine and measure outputs and outputs of projects and their affect on the selected communities or selected benefactors.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel to and from Turkey.
- Demonstrated experience working with communities and villages and their leaders and local populations in evaluating, selecting, and designing and managing projects preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, diplomacy, and ability to work with multi-ethnic groups.
- Ability to contribute to lessons learned from gained from the projects and to contribute to the development of Best Management Practices and to write community project reports.
- Ability to draft project performance reporting, and contribute to identifying and disseminating lessons learned and Best Management Practices.
- Previous experience working for International donors is preferred. Experience with DFID or United States Government contracts is beneficial.
- Must be able to legally work in Turkey and have Syrian citizenship. Place of assignment is Gaziantep.
This full-time position is available immediately and is expected to last until the program end date, anticipated to be January 31, 2018. Compensation will be negotiated with the company and will be based on the employee’s demonstrated salary history, professional experience, education and training, and market factors.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager opportunity, please send your resume in English to email@example.com. Please include “the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager” in the subject line of your application. The deadline for applications is May 29, 2017. Only finalists will be contacted.