NGO/UN Job Vacancy
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 01 Jun 2017
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
2016 is a time of change and growth at Save the Children. As part of our new strategic plan ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximise the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfils their potential.
- Position reporting to: DPO, XB Programme
- Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
- Contract type: Employment
- Contract length: 17/09/2017 (extendable)
- Closing date: 01/06/2017
- Location: Hatay
The Government Liaison Officer, in coordination and under the supervision of the Director of Programme Operations, will ensure that key Hatay Governorate stakeholders are kept informed on a regular, timely and qualitative manner of the SCI program progress, issues encountered when/where relevant, and that queries and requests coming from those parties are addressed adequately and timely. This position may be based in INGC.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:**
Principal Responsibilities Representation / Liaison with Governorate Authorities:
· Serves as principal focal point for the provision of communication between SCI and the Governorate authorities in Hatay or Gaziantep
- Develop and maintain relationships with the appropriate people in the appropriate Governorate Ministries (i.e. MONE, MFSA, etc.)
- Shares relevant information with government authorities regarding planning, programme implementation and monitoring
- Ensure SCI programme implementation plans and priorities are disseminated and understood by relevant authorities at the NGO Governorate
- Facilitate any required MOU and registration processes with the Governorate
- Support and advise the DPO for XB programming on identifying and resolving issues with the authorities
- Facilitate permissions for visitors, travel and access to programme areas or Hatay (i.e. external visitors)if required
- Facilitate high quality communication with the Hatay and Gaziantep authorities
- Support program implementation teams for Turkey in linking them with key persons/authorities in various government sectors involved in humanitarian activities such as NGO Directorate, AFAD, MONE,etc.-on request by team members.
· Support the SCI staff in case of encountering any legal issues with the authorities.
- Contribute to the development of programme plans that are aligned with Governorate regulations and strategies-when required
- Specifically advise on potential and actual acceptability of strategic concepts by the Hatay Governorate authority in programme development strategies and initiatives
- Communicate concepts, facilitate feedback and liaise with Hatay or Gaziantep authorities
- Actively participate in meetings, workshops and forums held with Hatay Governorate
- Keep up to speed on local laws and bureaucratic procedures, and advise DPO for XB, allowing for timely adjustments of strategies if and when required.
· The post holder has to assume the position responsibilities in a way that reflects SCI commitment on child safety according to the CSG Policy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years working in the humanitarian sector, assisting international organisations develop programmes and/or maintain a presence with Governorate authorities in Turkey
- Demonstrated and successful experience working in a liaison role with the government authorities in Turkey
- Excellent understanding of the socio-political developments in Turkey
- Experience of developing and supporting projects
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities and projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to easily establish and maintain relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds both internally and externally
- Very good understanding of the security and safety mechanisms
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Annual leave
- Medical Scheme, Accidental and Life insurance.
- A motivating work environment
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on 1st June 2017 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.